Lisanna

"Tsuna…" The name escaped her lips so nostalgically.

Natsu felt his stomach churn. He was supposed to be angry at the girl in front of him; she didn't believe him when he needed trust the most. But he was shocked at himself; he actually wanted her to understand and- He stopped himself, and what? He wondered before continuing.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, cold and harsh as ever.

She went silent for a while before answering, "To visit your parents."

That explained why the gravestone was unusually clean.

"I see…" Was all that came out.

Silence engulfed them once more. Natsu contemplated on whether he should give another shot on explaining what happened 9 years ago when Lisanna spoke up.

"Hey… about the accident 9 years ago…"

He winced. It still hurt to remember their conversation.

"Did you really burn the house down?" She asked.

Natsu took it as his opportunity to redeem himself and he took it, "No. I didn't."

Lisanna's expression softened and she smiled. Wait, she believes? Natsu felt his hope rise and Lisanna continued.

"I see… I should've known that it wasn't possible." Lisanna took a deep breath and stretched, releasing all the pent up doubt she had for all those years, "I'm sorry."

Natsu couldn't help but return a smile, playfully sounding hurt, he corrected her, "By the way, my name is no longer Tsuna, it's Natsu now."

"Eh?!" Lisanna was genuinely shocked and Natsu laughed.

"Natsu huh…" Lisanna tested the name on her tongue, "It really suits you huh!" She commented, beaming with a smile.

"Nothing, it's just that if your name is really changed to Natsu, it would be a really fitting name." Lucy explained.

The play back reminded him of why he was essentially so ecstatic to come back for.

"Sorry Lisanna! I gotta go!" Natsu announced back as he ran pass the silver haired girl.

Lisanna, looking dumbfounded, screamed back, "Huh?! What?! Wait! What about-" He was gone.

Sighing to herself, she mumbled, "That's so like you…" As she stared at the now empty path that the boy once ran pass.

The boy was staring at the rough sketch of a map in his hand, courtesy of Igneel, needless to say it was a map to Lucy's house. Right, left, left. Concentrating on the map, he did not notice a car coming until it screeched to a stop behind him. Laughing apologetically, he walked over to the car to apologize with a sheepish smile.

"Sorry 'bout that, I wasn't looking." He started.

"Please be careful next time!" The driver raged.

They paused and stared at each other, then, in unison, they both screamed while pointing at each other, "AH! IT'S YOU!"

The driver, though looking considerably older, was the same as the one who picked Lucy up 9 years ago.

"Wait, you remember me?" Natsu questioned. He had grown a lot in 9 years and was shocked that the man remembered.

The butler pointed at his own head and said, "Hair."

"Ah…" That explained a lot, "Wait! You're Lucy's butler right?!" Natsu confirmed.

"Y-Yeah…" The butler assured.

"Can you take me to her? You're heading back right now right?! I need to tell her something!" He begged as he shook the driver by his shoulder.

"Oh, you don't know? She ran away from home not long after graduating from Middle school." The butler explained hesitantly.

"SAY WHAT?! Where?! Why?!" He flooded the butler with questions while, once again, shaking him.

"S-she g-got i-into an a-argument with M-Master!" The butler stumbled the words out.

Letting go of the butler, he took steps back and tried to process what he heard. Lucy ran away. That shy and fragile girl ran away from home…

"N-No way…" He felt his world collapsing. He let her slip by once again. He rested his back onto a nearby wall for support and slowly started to slouch down into a ball. The butler stared at the broken teen not knowing what he should do, then, after considerable consideration, he held out a paper. The teen looked up with dead eyes, wondering what it was.

"It's the Lady Lucy's phone number. Apparently, she had blocked Master's number and mine too. But, if you're lucky enough, you might be able to get to her." The butler explained.

Natsu's face suddenly beamed as he leapt to his feet and grabbed the paper while screaming, "Thanks old man! You're the best!"

"O-Old man?" The butler felt insulted.

"Oh, and you might wanna adjust your wig, it's slipping." Natsu advised.

"Ah!" The butler yelped as he tilted the wig back into place, flushing in embarrassment as he did so.

It was already night fall by the time Natsu reached back to where Igneel had parked his car; he was surprised that the old man was actually waiting outside the car with a cigarette in mouth.

"Hey!" Natsu called out.

Igneel said nothing but just nodded in acknowledgment.

"You know, no matter how fit you are, you're still a 70 year old man, and even though it's spring already, it's still cold." Natsu reasoned.

"Haha… I tried reasoning with him too…" Said a familiar voice.

"Lisanna! Didn't you go home already?" Natsu asked in surprise.

"Yeah… but I saw him waiting in the cold and thought I'd accompany him…" Lisanna explained.

"Oh… Thanks." Natsu thanked awkwardly.

Silence followed.

"Hop on, I drive you home." Igneel instructed the purple eyed girl as he put out his cigarette.

Complying, Lisanna took a seat behind while Natsu unwillingly made his way to his seat in front, dreading the long ride ahead. As he was strapping his seatbelt on, Igneel handed the boy some sleeping medicine.

"I couldn't find any motion sickness pills at the convenient store but they had sleeping pill, it should help a little." Igneel explained.

Taking it over appreciatively, Natsu joked, "I guess it wasn't as convenient as they said huh?"

Lisanna giggled and Igneel smiled.

There was a short pause before Igneel continued, "I forgot to buy water…"

Natsu and Lisanna looked at the pills at hand with a sweat drop.

"AH! TO HELL WITH IT!" Natsu yelled as he forced the pill down his throat and winced at the bitterness that was left on his tongue.

Minutes later, Natsu fell asleep and Lisanna reached her house. Disappointed that Natsu wasn't awake to see her off, she smiled sadly.

Noticing her disappointment, Igneel took out a piece of paper, "This is the boy's number. Be sure to call. He may not seem it, but he actually enjoys your presence more than he lets on."

Lisanna blushed a little as she took the paper over, making a small bow in gratitude.

Entering the house, Lisanna opened the paper and saved the number into her handphone and contemplated on roughly what time would be best to make the call. One hour later, she tried, nervously, she waited for Natsu to pick up.

"*Click* Hello?"

Lisanna gasped, it was a girl's voice.

Natsu was in his room as he opened the slip of paper with his phone at hand.

"Huh?" Natsu stared at the paper, "Isn't this my number?"