Settling Issues

"-tsu..."

"Natsu!"

"What?!" Natsu sprang out of bed to a grumpy Igneel.

Not used to waking up to an old man's face, Natsu shot back against the wall in a split second while screaming like he just saw a ghost.

"W-WHY?!"

Shooting the boy a knowing grin, Igneel teased, "Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Lucy isn't home right now."

Avoiding eye contact with a flushed face, Natsu desperately tried to change the subject.

"S-so, what're you doing here? You don't usually wake me up..."

As he finished, he turned to look at his clock. It was still winter vacation and it was already late afternoon. Sweat-dropping, he tried to come up with an excuse.

"W-well, I was up late doing my homewo-"

"Don't lie."

"Urg..."

"Anyway, that isn't why I called you to wake up."

"?"

"Lucy... she's gone."

Natsu froze for a bit.

"What do you mean by 'gone'?"

~

Natsu ran through the streets of his old neighbourhood, praying hard that he'd miraculously find a certain blonde by the stroke of luck.

~

"When I woke up this morning, she had already left the house since her shoes were no longer in the front porch. I thought she had only just went out to hang out with her friends so I didn't think much of it. Later in the morning, I received a call from Cana, asking if she was home. When I told her she wasn't, she told me how it was weird that she wasn't picking up her phone. We then thought that she was just on a date with Jason. But when we called him, he said that she was with him earlier the day but no longer. We tried her phone again but got nothing. Finally, I checked her room to see if she had accidentally left her phone here, but found that she had actually packed up and left since all her stuff were gone." Igneel explained.

Natsu quickly picked up his phone and dialled a number.

"Like I said, she isn't picking up her phone..."

"Hello? Where are ya? Get your ass here. Yeah. No shit sir. Oh, and bring Cana. YES! JUST BRING HER!"

Igneel paused for a bit before asking, "Who was that?"

Without stopping from dressing up, he answered with a low growl, "That nob head."

~

"Where are we going?" Jason asked as the car sped through the highway.

"Where she last lived." Natsu answered impatiently.

"How do you know she'll be there?" The brunette asked again.

Sighing, Cana answered for him.

"Because she took all of her stuff with her. Isn't it obvious she is going home?"

"Oh..." Jason answered absent-mindedly. "So that's what she meant when she said she was going to settle things..."

Natsu immediately shot a glare at the boy.

"Do you know something?"

"N-nothing..."