The Past and The Presents

It was a few days before christmas and people were starting to fill the streets looking for a gift for their special someones. At a certain shopping mall, a blonde and two brunettes stalked the grounds of that 'holy' place.

"You know, you really shouldn't have come." Lucy condemned her boyfriend.

"Well, I ain't gonna leave you till you tell me what happened that day after I left." Jason explained.

"Woah woah woah. Is there something I should know?" Cana interrupted the lover's spat.

"Yeah Lucy, is there something she should know?" Jason asked 'innocently'.

Rolling her eyes, Lucy reassured, "No, there isn't. Now leave so that I can get you a gift without spoiling the surprise!"

"No."

"Urg! Don't be so stubborn!" Lucy groaned in tire as she made her umpteenth attempt to chase the boy away.

"But-"

"Okay lover boy, I'm gonna have to get you to leave now cause I kinda wanna get this thing started." Cana demanded as she pushed the brunette away.

"W-wait!" Realising that resistance is futile, Jason picked himself up and made his way off, "Fine!"

"Thanks."

"Oh, don't thank me too soon, I plan to know everything. And I mean everything." Cana announced with a sly look in her eye.

"Heh~ That dense boy had such a screwed up family huh..." Cana commented while sipping on her cup of coke with her head in hands.

The two girls settled nicely in a cafe as Lucy desperately tried to explain about the event that occurred the day before without arousing suspicion or revealing the past Natsu so hate to talk about. When she did, Lucy heaved a sigh of relief and decided to reward herself with her cup of coffee.

"Why can't you tell Jason that?" Cana asked, straw still sitting on her lip.

"Well... I don't know... It just didn't feel comfortable to do so..." Lucy staggered through her explanation, a little baffled herself now that she thought about it.

"Heh~" Cana bit her straw as she grinned all-knowingly, "Uncomfortable huh~"

"What?!" Lucy questioned back being a little curious herself.

"Nothing~" Cana teased as she turned away from the blonde who pouted the moment she did.

Deciding to change the pace, Cana stood up from her seat and suggested with a wink, "C'mon, lets get your boyfriend that gift."

Smiling, Lucy stood up and followed after her friend.

"So, what are you planning to get him?" Cana started as they weaved through the crowds and past shops.

"Well... I was planning to get him a book but..."

"Girl, that's the last thing any normal boy wants."

"Jason's not normal."

"But he isn't a weirdo."

Lucy frowned.

"Are you implying something?"

"Glad you picked that up."

"I'm not weird!" Lucy denied but paused for a bit before continuing, "Am I?"

Cana laughed but didn't answer and Lucy could only pout at that. She looked up at the skyroof. The clouds drifted without a care in the world and as each fluffy puff made their way past the panels of the roof, Lucy started recalling how she met her bestfriend and boyfriend, not knowing that her friend was doing the same.