After Story - END

"Mum, dad, I'm here to visit you. It's been so long. I have a feeling that I'll be joining you soon. When that time comes, will you still recognise me?"

"Mum! What are you doing here?! What'll you do if you caught a cold? C'mon! Let's get back to the car."

As she said it, the second girl with striking pink hair pulled her mother's wheelchair away from the two tombstones and towards the exit of the graveyard.

"You know, Nashi, the saddest part of dying isn't that it's all over, but because no matter how hard you try, you'll be forgotten."

Stopping the wheelchair, Nashi made her way in front of her mother. "Mum, is this about what the doctor said? Don't worry! There are plenty of doctors in the world! We'll definitely be able to cure you!"

"Nashi, there are times where you have to learn to let go."

"Mum-"

"Lucy!" Natsu ran up towards the two girls. "What are you doing out here?! The doctor said that you should be resting at home!"

"That place is suffocating and I don't like it. Not when both of you are out working."

Sighing, Natsu took over the wheelchair and pushed her back to their car.

"Well, now that we're done, can we go back now?" Natsu asked her.

"Yeah." Lucy replied lovingly, holding onto her daughter's hand.

After dinner that night, their daughter made her way to her room while Natsu and Lucy made their way to theirs. After helping his wife onto the bed, He settled nicely beside her.

"Natsu-"

"Lucy, do you want some water?" Natsu cut her off, keeping her tight within his embrace.

He knew what Lucy was going to say. He knew what was going to happen, but he definitely did not want it to happen.

"Natsu, I love you." Lucy said, eyelids growing heavier with each passing word.

"I love you too Lucy. I love you so much!" Tears were streaming down his face as his grip tighter around her waist.

Lucy spent the rest of the night with a smile on her face while Natsu spent the rest of the night warming her cold body.

"Here lies Lucy Heartfilia, a loved and loving mother, wife, and daughter. May she rest in peace and never be forgotten."

The words floated in the air as tears streamed down many people's faces. Natsu didn't care. He felt empty, blank and helpless. What for did he work so hard for? All his life, he was literally working for the girl who was now lying in that coffin. It hurt so bad. It hurt. It hurts.

"Papa." Nashi called out to him.

"?" Natsu turned to his daughter who was smiling despite the tears streaming down her face.

"Smile."

Natsu felt like breaking down and crying his heart out, but she was right, Lucy went smiling, and she would have wanted them to be happy. Going against all gravitational forces, he forced each end of his lips up, making a terrible smile that cut the hearts of many others.

Letting out a small laugh, Nashi walked forward.

"What's with that smile, mum would flip in her grave." Stopping in front of the tombstone, she knelt down and started stroking it. "You've done well mum. You can rest easy now. You've done well."

Many who were unable to bare the sight left quietly. Natsu walked up to his daughter and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Papa?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that I'd forget about mama one day?"

Silence ensued for a moment before Natsu answered her truthfully.

"Probably."

"I don't wanna..."

"I know."

"I don't wanna..."

"I know."

Natsu hugged on to his daughter and continuously stroked her and comforted her as she let out all her tears. That was the day that Natsu realised, no matter how happy you were, death is the only ending for everyone. But what really counts was the time spent together and the time when you were still alive, because that's how people are going to remember you by.

"Lucy, would you say that you have lived a good life?"

The breeze that embraced them told him that she was screaming, "Yes!"