Getting... Closer?

"Hey, Natsu!" Gray called out to the pinkette who was spacing out in class.

"What?!" The said boy growled back in annoyance.

"Erza is calling you." Gray explained while pointing to Erza who was waiting outside the classroom with his thumb.

"Eh?" Natsu shot up timidly.

No wonder Gray was calling him by his proper name instead of those weird nicknames that are usually the catalyst of their fights.

"W-why is she calling me?" Natsu questioned politely with fear tinted in his voice.

"Dunno. Go figure it out yourself." Gray brushed him off.

Outside the classroom, Natsu started trembling not because of the usual fear he gets from Erza's threats but because of the goosebumps he was getting from the scarlet haired demon's behaviour. She was twiddling her thumbs and blushing profusely.

"W-What's wrong?" Natsu decided to speak up first since the other party didn't seem like she was going to anytime soon.

"Wrong?! What's wrong?! Nothing's wrong!" Erza screamed while steam gushed out of her ears and her face turned as red as her hair.

"I-Is that so?" Natsu sweat dropped as he decided to pull out from this wacked out conversation.

"WAIT!" Erza stopped the retreating boy with a tight grip on his wrist which made the said boy yelp in pain.

"Y-Yeah?" Natsu just barely managed to make out the word without screaming.

"I...I need help..." Erza stammered.

Natsu raised a brow. The self-esteemed Student Council Vice-President was asking him for help? Okay, something's awfully wrong.

"O-Okay..." The boy started slowly, "With what?"

Looking away to calm herself down, Erza took a deep breath.

"Je...me...te..."

"Say wah?" Natsu couldn't catch a word she was saying.

"Jellal...date..." Out of the whole sentence, Natsu only caught two words and his assumptions decided to do all the work.

"Uh...You need help asking Jellal on a date?" Natsu shot a not so wild guess since it was no secret how Erza always had a thing for their senior who is the Student Council President, Jellal Fernandez.

However, Erza shook her head.

Thinking hard again, he tried another shot, "Uh...Another girl asked Jellal on a date? Don't tell me you want me to do something to the girl-" Before Natsu's assumption could bring them any further from the right track, Erza shook her head feverishly once more.

"Okay, I give up. Seriously, what is it?" Natsu raised both hands in defeat.

"Jellal...sked...me...date..." Erza mumbled out once more, earning a distressed groan from Natsu.

"Seriously woman! You gotta speak up!"

"JELLAL ASKED ME ON A DATE!"

"..." There was an awkward silence that followed shortly after which suffocated the scarlet girl quite badly.

"REACT DAMNIT!" Snapped the girl when she finally couldn't take it.

"Ah... I just...Don't understand how this relates to me." Natsu explained scratching the back of his head while mentally adding, or see what he sees in you.

Erza looked to the ground and started drawing circle on it with the tip of her shoes uncharacteristically, causing more goosebumps to form on the boy's skin.