Complications

As they sat in silence, Natsu awed at the fact that he wasn't getting car sick and kept fidgeting around. Igneel frowned at the boy's activeness and made a mental note to buy sleeping pills instead of motion sickness pills the next time. Lucy sat at the back giggling at the sight, however, the positivity did not last long as Lucy recalled -in a sense- abandoning her mother. Natsu noticed how she had stopped laughing and understood the reason. Contemplating on what to do next, he went quiet.

"Lucy, where do you stay?" Igneel questioned, noticing the sudden silence that fell upon the place.

"Oh, at Fairy resort." Lucy replied upon realisation that she hasn't mentioned where she stayed.

"What?! You live in a hotel?!" Natsu questioned in shock.

Igneel wanted to say the same thing but realise he had no need for that since Natsu already did it for him.

"So what about it?" Lucy questioned back finding their shock abnormal.

"I mean... isn't it... expensive?" Natsu reasoned.

"No, its quite affordable."

"..." Definitely a rich man's daughter. Both males thought with a sweat drop.

"In any case, just drop me off there." Lucy continued, ignoring the boy's comment.

"Why don't you come live with us?" Natsu suggested in a whim; he felt like he wasn't going to meet the girl anytime soon if they just went their ways.

Lucy stared at the boy wide eyed. Igneel would've done the same if not for the fact that he needed to keep his eyes on the road.

"Excuse me?" Lucy clarified, "Did you just ask me to live with you?"

And Natsu being the dense boy he is replied with a, "Yeah."

Lucy opened her mouth to swipe the ridiculous offer away but was stopped when Igneel supported it.

"That might not be a bad idea."

"What?" Lucy could not believe her ears. Did Igneel just support it? Lucy thought to herself.

"Well, it's isn't really the safest or best idea to live permanently in a hotel. God knows how long and how much money you'll spend on it." Igneel began with simple reasonings that obviously did not waver the girl from the expression she returned, after all, he did somewhat sell her out once.

"Plus, don't you think it'd be best if you are with people you know and can trust?" Natsu tried deepening the reason, but man that girl knows how to put on a poker face.

Eagerly waiting for a response, Natsu and Igneel silently held their breath.

"Okay... but only for a while and we'll see how it goes. I'll pay for my fair share of 'rent' too."

Natsu would've jumped if not for the fact he was strapped down to a car. The trio reached the hotel and while Lucy went up to pack, the two males waited at the lobby. While they waited, Natsu noticed the overwhelming pressure of high society. He tried his best to seem mature and Igneel mused at his attempt. It took what felt like forever to Natsu for Lucy to finally return with everything and Lucy could tell from Natsu's expression that he was not happy.

"Hey, the moving was sudden okay? I wasn't ready." Lucy tried reasoning.

"Let's go." Igneel instructed before the two could start their childish verbal battle.

Complying, the two of them followed the old man out of the hotel and into the car. When they reached home, Lucy took her time registering the layout of the house. Natsu gave her a brief tour and showed her to her soon to be room.