Proposals

18 Years Later...

At the Heartfilia mansion, a purpled haired maid made her way through the wide corridors and towards the main study room. With two gentle knocks, an acknowledgment was heard and the maid entered the room with a soft push at the doors.

"Milady, your meeting will be starting in 1 hour. Please get ready to leave shortly."

Lucy, who had been looking out of her office window turned promptly at her maid's voice.

"Thank you, Virgo." She told her with a smile.

Bowing respectfully, Virgo left, leaving Lucy to herself once more. The blonde turned back to facing the window, the huge grin on her face showing how determined and excited she was for today.

~

Along the corridor of the Love and Lucky trading company, two men stalked its ground with great speed. In contrast to the younger man's immaculate dressing, the older man's dressing was rather slacked and his face unshaven.

"Natsu-sama, here is today's schedule..." Romeo opened a file in his tablet before swiping it from his tablet to Natsu's, a gesture to transfer the file into Natsu's tablet. "Please be prepared for the meeting that is about to begin in 1 hours time."

"Romeo..." Natsu started slowly, a total contrast to their walking speed and Romeo's anxious tone. "Relax. The meeting would be held here so half an hour would be more than enough to get ready."

"S-still..." His secretary stammered.

"Beside, how many times do I have to tell you to get rid of that honorific?"

"But you're my superior! I can't just call you by your name!" Romeo retorted.

Scratching the back of his head in annoyance, Natsu caved in.

"Fine! But, no 'sama'. Even 'san' would be better."

Smiling, Romeo complied.

"Yes, Natsu-san."

1 Hour Later...

"...And we shall begin the meeting."

Immediately, Lucy stood from her seat which was situated to the left of the meeting table and made her way towards the front of the room, tablet at hand.

"Today, I, Lucy Heartfilia will be representing the Heartfilia Konzern in explaining the base of our plans." Lucy began her presentation, efficiently swiping information onto the projector and explaining the pros and cons of having the Heartfilias obtain the marketing rights of a new product.

Every now and then, she would stop and answer every question that was thrown at her while remaining completely unfazed by them. By the end of her presentation, most of the personnels were satisfied and impressed, ready to take on her proposal right there and then. After she had settled back into her seat, murmurs filled the room as the product company discussed whether they should or should not take up her offer. Romeo gulped and turned to Natsu, who was now neatly dressed and cleanly shaved.

"What should we do now?" He asked, worry obviously in his voice.

Smiling, Natsu told the man, "Watch and learn."

Natsu stood up from his seat that was situated to the right of the meeting table before making his way to the front of the meeting room in one fluid motion.

"Ladies and gentleman. May I suggest a proposal of my own?" He asked, taking a respectful bow while he was at it.

Hesitantly, the people nodded. Lucy was the only one in the room who wore a smile when he said so. Smiling, Natsu proceeded to presenting his own proposal, confidence and humour never stop leaving his lips. Once he was done, the product company was stumped. They had no idea which company they should pick. Each company had their own sets of pros and cons, it was hard to tell exactly which was better than the other.

"We'll inform you of our choice by the end of the week." The boss of the product company told both representatives as they made their way out of the meeting room.

Both sides taking a bow, the meeting ended.

~

"That was awfully long." Natsu commented, loosening the tie around his neck.

"But productive." Lucy added.

Romeo looked at the two before asking.

"Um... I don't mean to be imprudent, but what is the relation between the both of you?"

Natsu answered first, only to get cut off by Lucy.

"We're en-"

"Business."

Pouting, Natsu dragged the blonde into his office, waving a confused Romeo away.

Finally, given the privacy they needed for the topic, Natsu pushed Lucy against the wall, locking her under his grasp.

"What was that about?"

"I was only stating facts. Right now, we're just business rivals from different companies."

"Oh really?" Natsu questioned her, face drawing closer to hers. "Do business rivals do this?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Natsu started sending Lucy into a tickle fit. Laughing uncontrollably, Lucy struggled desperately to get out of his grasp, only for them to fall backwards into a sitting position on the floor. Hugging Lucy from behind, Natsu spoke into her shoulder.

"Let's get married."

"Natsu..."

"Lucy, we're 34. We aren't gonna get any younger. Neither is Igneel nor your father. They want to attend our wedding."

Lucy couldn't argue with that.

"I know that right now, your dad's health isn't exactly in pristine condition and you're worried, but I'm sure he'd want to see us tie the knot."

Lucy said nothing but just snuggled into Natsu's arm, unsure of what to say. Sighing, Natsu stood up and walked toward his desk drawer and took out a small poké ball. Lucy blinked in surprise when Natsu knelt to the ground and opened the ball that revealed a simple, thin silver ring with nothing engraved on it.

"I choose you..." He told her, face flushed and eyes avoiding hers.

Unable to contain her laughter, Lucy bursted out laughing.

"W-What's so funny?!" Natsu yelled at the girl but it fell on deaf ears as she continued her profuse laughter.

Taking the ring out of its home, she put it on its new home, between her left pinky and middle finger, lighting up a very delight Natsu. Pulling the boy close to her, she asked.

"Cana suggested this proposal method didn't she?"

Blushing, Natsu nodded before asking a question of his own.

"That aside, can I seriously kiss you now? 'Cause I have been waiting for 28 years for this."

Smiling, Lucy leaned in to answer him.