New Beginnings

Lucy woke to a Monday. A Monday... That's right, she had school on that day and she was going to need a ride.

"Igneel!" Lucy yelled as she made her way down.

"Yes?" Igneel sounded more surprised than annoyed.

"I'm sorry but I kind of need a ride to school..." Lucy explained in embarrassment.

"I see, which school do you go to?" Igneel inquired.

"Fairy Tale High."

"*Choke!*"

Natsu choked on the piece of bread that he was munching on and looked up to a curious Lucy.

"What?" She asked.

"N-Nothing..."

"He'll be attending that school too." Igneel explained for him.

"EH?!"

"Is it really that shocking?!" Natsu was kind of annoyed at how everyone had the same reaction when he said he'll be attending that school.

"I didn't think you'd be able to make it into that school..."

"Argh! That's what everyone says!" Natsu blowed at the recollection of his friends comments.

"He was only able to scrap by due to his affiliations to the school. He was in Fairy Tale Elementary and Fairy Tale Middle School that's why." Igneel explained.

"Oh. I see." Lucy remarked while trying to stifle a giggle.

"What's so funny?" Natsu asked in annoyance.

"Nothing~" Lucy teased as she ate the piece of bread that sat on her plate.

As the trio left the house, Lucy noticed something and nonchalantly voiced it out loud, "It kinda feels like we're siblings doesn't it?"

Really?! As if being friend-zoned wasn't bad enough, now you want to family-zone me?! Natsu winced at the thought and made out a feeble, "Yeah..."

Igneel would've laughed if not for the fact that he took pity in the boy's situation and just told them to get in the car.

At the school, Natsu and Lucy made their way to the reception desk to get their personal guidebook. Every student had their guidebook specially tailored for the individual and Lucy awed at the fact. Natsu wasn't as surprised since he was already used to it.

"Wow, everything is really detailed... It makes things a lot easier!" Lucy marveled at her guidebook.

"Really? I remember how gramps used to say how this is just a method their using to better 'control' us with." Natsu recalled.

"Huh? What do you mean? And who's 'gramps'?" Lucy asked for better clarification.

"Huh? Oh, you don't know about them do you? Well, gramps is a nickname we gave our club teacher. He's really old." Natsu explained.

"I see, what club is it?" Lucy pressed further and Natsu didn't mind.

"FairyTail of course!"

"Huh?! There's a club that goes by the name of the school?!" Lucy found it quite bias.

"Not Fairy Tale, it's Fairy Tail." Natsu corrected as he made the action with his hands moving from his butt like a tail to indicate the tail part.

"Oh... okay... What do you do there?"

"Party!" The moment the words left his mouth, Natsu's head was hit by a school bag and he naturally fell to the ground.

"No it's not you idiot! We socialise and help out with school events or requests when we can!" A male's voice boomed.