Moving On

Lucy and Natsu made their way back into the crowd of people who busied themselves with returning to the classroom due to the bell. Jason stood outside his classroom waiting for his girlfriend to return to him and she did. As they re-entered the classroom, Natsu just gazed sadly at the sight. Levy caught sight of his gaze and immediately felt her heart sink.

"Where have you been fire-breath?" Gray asked as he threw a bag filled with rubbish at the boy.

No where close to be in the mood for games, Natsu growled darkly at the boy, "What?"

And Gray, being the dense boy he is, continued without caring, "You left me to clean up the mess! Now it's your turn to throw it out."

Growling in annoyance, he left the classroom and everyone stared at him in disbelief. Juvia said a little too late for the boy to hear.

"Natsu-san... There's a bin right here..."

Meanwhile, the depressed boy walked down the now empty hallway hoping that the silence could heal his broken heart only to be caught by Makarov.

"Natsu! What are you doing loitering around the hallway when it's lesson time?!"

Natsu answered weakly without even looking up from the ground, "Throwing rubbish..."

Makarov raised an eyebrow.

"Every classroom has a dustbin..."

As though a rock hit him hard, Natsu went still. Sensing something was wrong, Makarov questioned.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

The two males settled down in a corner of the roof that was invisible to the security cameras.

"So, what's wrong?"

"...It's just... What would you do if the girl you like already have a boyfriend?"

"Move on." Makarov replied quickly.

Natsu sweat-dropped at the quick reply and mumbled, "It's not as easy for everyone..."

Noticing Natsu's seriousness, Makarov cleared his throat before continuing, "You see Natsu, when you really like a girl, but the girl doesn't love you back, you move on. I mean, you definitely have to otherwise you'll just be chained up all the time. And that won't be healthy for you nor the girl in question."

Thinking closely to what Makarov said, Natsu just nodded.

"Okay, 'bout time you return to class, but if you're in no mood for it, you can stop by the infirmary." Makarov suggested with a wink.

Taking the latter advice, Natsu made his way to the infirmary only to be greeted by Lisanna's older sister, Mira Jane.

"Hi Natsu, not feeling well? Or just skipping class?" Mira asked with glee.

"Both."

"Haha! Typical students."

Natsu made his way to the bed automatically and sat him self in.

"So... I see you and my sister have reunited..." Mira started slowly.

"Huh? Oh... Yeah..." Natsu replied halfheartedly.

"Do you... have someone you like?" Mira questioned again, slightly annoyed at the boy's halfhearted response.

"..." Natsu hesitated.

"I did..." He finally answered.

"'Did'... Past tense?"

"It doesn't... matter anymore..." Natsu muttered just loud enough for Mira to hear.