Introducing the Hunt

It was Sloane's turn. She put on the Sorting Hat. It deliberated for a minute, then shouted, "Ravenclaw!"

She ran over to the Ravenclaw table and hugged me. I was worried that she wouldn't be in Ravenclaw. I would have to start all over and make new friends.

After the last person (Zabini, Plione in Slytherin) was sorted, the headmaster, Professor Penelope Clearwater spoke. She was a nice woman, but she had never married.

"Welcome, all students, to another year of education at the marvelous school that we call Hogwarts.

"I have a few announcements, as always. Dueling club has been dismantled for the safety of all." A few groans came from the crowd as she continued. "I am pleased to announce that the fourth annual Hogwarts Scavenger Hunt will be starting after this very meal. As most of you know, it lasts the entire year.

"For those first years who do not know what this consists, I shall explain." She held a bucketful of white chips with the Hogwarts logo in black on them. She flicked her wand and they zoomed out of the door of the Great Hall. "As of now, white chips have been hidden all over the school. If you find one, it gives you a house point. Once you put it in the hourglass for your house, it cannot be stolen by another house. But if you choose to keep it, it will multiply over time. But, at that point, anyone is able to steal them. Even from your common rooms. I advise you to not try to duplicate those chips or summon them if you do not wish to face severe consequences." There was an ominous silence.

"Happy scavenger hunting, and you are now free to eat!"

Food appeared. It looked delicious, but I had to talk to Sloane.

"I didn't know about zis scavenger hunt," I told her.

"I did. Luke always goes on about how many chips he got and who won every summer. I had been getting tired of it, but now I'm ready to play. I've got to beat my upstart Gryffindor brother." Sloane replies.

I guess that I didn't think about the fact that for generations, Sloane's family had always been in Gryffindor. She had to be the first family member in at least three generations, maybe more.

The same actually went for me about Ravenclaw. My family were all in Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, but I was the first Ravenclaw for centuries.

"Zo 'o usually wins?" I ask curiously. Amber, who was also sorted into Ravenclaw, leans over and says softly, "Slytherin won once, but other than that, Gryffindor always wins. We'll show them." She looks angrily over at her brother Thomas at the Gryffindor table. He is talking to Luke, Sloane's older brother. They seem to be friends.

We all eat in silence for a while. After the feast, we listen to the voices that I can't see where they're coming from screaming, "Ravenclaw first years! This way! I'm a prefect, get out of the way, Peeves." Said a snotty male voice.

We followed the voice all the way up several flights of stairs. We emerge a at large wooden door with a eagle knocker. I was startled when the eagle started talking:

"What does no man want but no man ever want to lose?"

I was startled, but the answer actually came to me. I was about to say it, but the prefect who had introduced himself as Seth beat me to it.

"Work," he said, seeming annoyed. "Now hurry up, go on in," he herded everyone into the common room as the door opened.

I wasn't the only one who gasped. My eyes were immediately drawn to the large bookshelf taking up the entire wall opposite of me. I've always been drawn to books. This common room was amazing to me before I even looked around. When I did, my breath was taken away.

Everything was blue and bronze. The carpet was midnight blue, and large arches windows that I had always adored. The room was a huge, airy circle, seeing as we were in the West Tower. There were tables next to the beautiful windows with varying items on them. Some had stacks of books, while others had what seemed to be communal Wizarding Chess boards. I loved everything about that common room.

"Everybody to the dormitories, you've had a long night." The prefect called.

It seemed like it was too early to go to bed, but I did want to go and meet the other first year Ravenclaw girls.

We pass by a life-size marble statue of a woman who could only be Rowena Ravenclaw. She looked beautiful, but slightly intimidating and strict.

When we got up there, there were five girls altogether. I sat on the bed in the far left corner next to the window, Sloane in the bed beside it.

"Well, I guess we should all introduce ourselves. I'll go first. My name is Sloane Potter." She looked at me, gesturing for me to go next.

"Fine," I said, relinquishing, "My name is Remilynn Lupin, but you can just call me Ray."

"Your eyes and your hair are so pretty. Is that your natural color?" Amber asks.

I think that my eyes are violet, and my hair is it's normal silver with blue streaks.

"Well, actually, I'm a metamorphmagus. I can control what I look like."

"Wow, you're so lucky," a girl with long, straight brown hair and green eyes says. "My name is Blaire, by the way. Blaire Collins."

Amber goes next. "My name is Amber McKinsley. No nicknames."

The last girl I don't know has tight blonde curls. I look at her closer and notice that she has two different colored eyes. One is blue, and one is brown. It makes her look interesting. "My name is Taline Ackinson. You can call me Taline or Tally."

Now that we're all introduced, it's late enough for us all to go to bed. I think over our previous conversation and think that I've actually made myself some friends. I think that we'll all get along just fine.
///🌈
What do you all think of the new characters? Comment your thoughts.
The picture is what Ray's eyes look like.
Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the story! Thank you!