Classroom Eleven

Yay! New cover because this story has 300 hundred reads! A huge thank you goes out to all the people who have stuck with Ray and Sloane!

"What I'm saying is that the Weird Sisters went out of style ages ago," Sloane states.

I argue, "They never went out of style. They're one of those groups whose legacy carries on for generations." Before I can continue, a voice cuts me off.

A pale wizard with jet black hair silenced the room. He looked like he was in his late twenties. He had a scar running across his cheek that looked as if it had been there for a while. I wondered how he got it. "Before we start, my name is Professor Nosferatu. A highly unusual name which you may have seen on your schedules. Before we start, I must say, it is pronounced Noss-fur-at-too. If that's too hard for your imprecise mouths, then you can call me Professor N. If you would please turn to page nine in your textbooks."

A loud rustle of pages causes a silence for a few seconds. "As you can now see, you will be brewing Fatiguing Fusion. I would like to see your true skills, so at this point, just follow the directions in your book, and do the best that you can. You may begin."

This was a fairly simple potion, as long as you followed directions.

Fatiguing Fusion:
1. Start by crushing aconite to extract the juice (skip if you already have aconite fluid).

I don't have aconite fluid, so I start by crushing my aconite with a silver knife. "This doesn't seem too hard, does it?" I ask Sloane. She's already on number three.

"Oh no, this is quite easy, actually." She replies, paying close attention to exactly how much lemongrass she was putting in.

I'm cutting up my bat wings when a Hufflepuff girl with sandy blonde curls next to me asks me, "I'm sorry, but I don't seem to have any bay wings. Do you have any to spare that I could use?" I recognize her as that Amber always hangs out with.

"Help yourself," I say, "My name is Ray, by the way. Ray Lupin."

"I'm Isabella Tintwhistle. Thank you so much," she says as she walks away with her bat wings.

I continue with my potion. I'm nearly halfway along when class is over. Sloane is nearly finished, she's so efficient. Her potion's smoke is already making me feel sleepy.

***

"You're exceptional at Potions," I say to Sloane in the corridor.

"Well, you're amazing at Transfiguration." She replied back.

"At least we're both good at something." I shrugged.

Isabella Tintwhistle walked up to us at that point, arm and arm with Amber. "Hey, Amber and I were wondering if you guys wanted to hang out for a bit before dinner."

I looked to Sloane and she nodded. "Sure! That sounds great, where do you want to go?"

Isabella looked as if she had been waiting for me to ask. "Well... We've been trying to explore every inch of this castle. We've started on the ground floor, and we found the most amazing place. Classroom eleven, do you want to go?"

I didn't see how a classroom could be so amazing, but I shrugged. "Okay, let's go. You lead the way."

***