Chapter 45 (Saturday/Homecoming Night pt. 2)

Korrine's POV

"What's going on with you, Trey," I ask, folding my arms across my chest.

"Man," he says, starting to pace back and forth while running his hands over his fresh cut. "I think I'm starting to feel some type of way."

I raise my eyebrow. "What are you talking about? You keep saying stuff like this and-"

"If you just stop and listen to me for a second, then you'll understand. Damn, Ren!" he snaps, catching the attention of people walking around us.

I quickly grab his arm and pull him back into the building, leading him to the girl's bathroom. We need to be somewhere alone so that we can lay whatever it is we need to all out on the table. I pull the door open and there are a few girls standing around the mirror. "Ladies, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but he's got the flu. I'd hate for him to be throwing up everywhere and getting that stench on your clothes," I say, scrunching up my nose. They all give us weird looks, but they leave anyway, and I make sure I lock the door behind them.

"Now what the hell are you flipping out for, Trey? I don't have time for your mood swings. If you're feeling some type of you or you have something you need to let be known, then now is the time!" I shout, letting my frustration get the best of me.

"I'm losing my damn mind, Ren. I feel like I'm being selfish and it hurts, but at the same time, I can care less. I know what I want and it always seems to be standing right in front of me, but I can't grab it, hold it, or do what I want with it," he rambles on and on, making no sense at all. He looks like he's about to go crazy any second.

I place my hands on his shoulders and press him against the wall. "You need to calm down," I say, grabbing his face in my hands so that he can look into my eyes. I can't read him like how I can read Marcus, Jessie, and Marlon. There's something about Trey that always keeps me guessing.

He places his hands on his waist and pulls me in close to him before gently pushing me off and moving away from me. "Marcus know you in here with me?" he asks.

"Why would it matter?"

He shrugs. "I'm just asking. I wouldn't want you to get in no type of trouble," he says.

I stay quiet to see if he's going to continue with this. It seems like this conversation is leading to something, but it's not. He just stands there and I stand here, waiting. We can't be in here forever because pretty soon, Marcus is going to start looking for me, and somebody is going to have to use the bathroom.

"Trey," I say softly, grabbing his hand. "I don't want us to be like towards each other. I want us to go back to being best friend. That night we almost kissed in your room is over. I've forgotten about it, okay? I don't know why you're treating me like I did something to you," I complain.

His finger intertwine with mine before he pushes me against the wall and traps me by putting both his hands up against it. His lips hover centimeters above mine. There's a faint smell of liquor on his breath, and by now, a clear look of sadness on his face.

I don't know what to do in a position like this. I want to be able to close my eyes and open them up seeing Marcus standing here because Marcus is the only boy that should ever be this close to me. Marcus is the only boy that's allowed to touch me like this and make me feel this way.

"Don't say we 'cause we both know that was all me. I tried to kiss you, and I know I shouldn't have. I want us to be best friends too, Ren. At first I couldn't understand that nigga Jessie, but now I do. It's hard to be best friends with a girl like you," he explains. "That's why I'm tryna keep my distance."