Chapter 3 (Saturday)

Korrine's POV

Let me start being honest with myself. I can't avoid the fact that I couldn't help but think about him the whole time we were shopping. We're in the same grade and have been going to the same schools since forever, but I barely remember him. The times I do remember seeing him, I know I didn't look at him and say he's fine like I was thinking today. But just being attractive is not going to faze me. This arrogant, bad, gang banging image he's got going on is really not flying okay. Plus, he thinks he's the shit. I'm already conceited, so I don't need my boyfriend to be just as conceited as I am, and I'm not lying about that.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if he's my type or not. Michael would kill me if I ever dated someone from his gang or any gang. He's too overprotective when it's comes to Angel and me. Sometimes he goes too far, but I know it's all out of love. I lose focus on my train of thought when I hear Jada's voice as she enters my room.

"I just got to Ren's house," she tells whoever she's talking to in her thick Puerto Rican accent. "Just come over too. Bye!"

I shake my head. "Who was that you just invited to my house?" I ask, sitting up against my headboard.

"Ugh, just Marlon. He's on his way, but forget about him. What's up, chica?"

I smirk knowing she's anxious to know what I have to tell her. I know her. She's my age, and we've been knowing each other since her and her fam moved down here when she was six. We've been through so much together. She's Puerto Rican, has black, naturally curly hair that goes about four inches past her shoulders, and she's gorgeous. We're like different race twins.

"You're not even going to believe who I ran into today."

"Who would that be?" she questions curiously, sitting down beside me.

"Marcus. Remember him?"

She thinks for a second. "The one in the gang I be seeing with your brother's friends sometimes?"

I nod.

"Where the hell were you when you ran into him, a spot?" she jokes.

"Girl, please. Like right after I had got off the phone with you this morning, I had to go get Angel from him and his little crew. We ended up arguing and all."

"What were y'all doing arguing?"

"He felt like he could talk to me any kind of way, so you know I had to let him know who he was talking to. At first he was mad, but then it seemed like he was kind of turned on by it," I say, thinking back the way he was licking his lips and checking me out slyly.

"That's a boy for you. Marlon does it all the time. It's like they're fighting for dominance or something, but they're just doing it to see you mad."

I nod in agreement. "Exactly! The crazy part is, I don't know what it was, but when he closed the gap between us and grabbed my wrists, I just felt like pouncing on him," I confess.

Her eyes widen as she gives me a knowing smile. "Oh mierda, ya que cae/Oh shit, you're falling already," she says, laughing.

Since I took Spanish one and two, I put two and two together and figure out what she said. I'm not that good at speaking or writing it, but sometimes I can understand some sentences, and I can read it. You would think after two years of learning it in school that I would be able to speak it fluently, but nah.

"Girl, stop it. That's not even all. Somehow he got my number and texted me, but I didn't reply." I toss her my phone so that she can read it herself.

"You better hit him up. It seems like he's feeling you," she says, winking and setting my phone back down. "Now that I think about it, he's kind of sexy."