Chapter 1 (Saturday-August 8th)

Korrine's POV

"Call Me Crazy, Shit At Least You Calling
Feels Better When You let It Out, Don't It Girl
Know It's Easy To Get Caught Up In The Moment
When You Say It Cause You Mad, Then You Take It All Back!"

Having Drake's smooth, soothing, and seductive voice fill my ears is everything that describes sexiness and perfection, but not when it's waking me up at seven in the morning on a Saturday. Especially since it's the last Saturday of summer vacation. This weekend is going to end just as quickly as it came, so I need all the rest I can get. Before I know it, I'll be opening up my eyes and forcing myself to look at power point slides full of notes, write essays, and solve math equations. So in this very moment, the last thing I need is to be woken up, even if it is by Drake.

I groan and slam my palm on the off button to my alarm before getting out of bed. My legs feel as if they're about to give up and cause me to pass out on my carpet. It makes me want to jump right back in the bed and sleep until my energy rises, but once I'm up, there's nothing that'll get me to fall back into a good sleep. If the alarm wasn't enough, the pounding on my door has gotten my full attention. Getting any type of peace and quiet in this house is beginning to seem impossible. "Who is it?"

"I've been waiting on you for half an hour now!" my momma yells.

"What are you waiting for?" I ask, swinging the door open. I don't realize how rude that came out until I see her lips form a frown and her eyebrows narrow in on me. I smile weakly before letting out a yawn. It wouldn't be too farfetched to say I woke up with an attitude, but her pounding didn't help.

"First off, you need to watch your tone of voice and remember who the hell you're talking to," she warns. She doesn't tolerate disrespect none. "Secondly, I told you I was taking you to do the last of your school shopping before I go to work, or would you just like to skip that?"

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot," I say as memories start to rush to me. Last night she told me to be up in the morning, and that's why I set my alarm. Last thing I remember is her telling me is to be up by seven, not be ready by seven, but let me not open up my mouth to question or back talk her before she changes her mind. "I'll be ready in fifteen minutes."

"You better hurry up. We don't have all day," she says, walking down the hallway.

"Good morning to you too, momma!" I say, laughing to myself while shutting the door.

Even though the summer is coming to an end, the sun is still beaming, and the weather hasn't been below eighty degrees in weeks. A pair of baby blue jogger shorts and a thin white t-shirt will work just fine. Since I'm on a time limit, I rush to the bathroom and get the shower running, hopping in when the water gets warm. Instantly, my drowsiness is getting washed away while I put my face under the water, letting it pour over my eyes and through my hair that's falling down my honey colored skin. I squeeze some shampoo in my hands and start to rub it into my roots.

My hair is one of my favorite features. It's a dark shade of brown, nearly black, with light brown streaks mixed within it in a hombre fashion, and it reaches down to my lower back. My long, flowing hair comes from me being mixed. My momma is Indian and black, and my dad was Belizean and black. When three races as strong as these are put together, a fine creation like me comes to life. I adore my healthy, waist-length, natural Indian with a hint of Belizean texture hair, pretty skin complexion, and black roots that make my beauty eternal. Like my dad always used to say, black don't crack.

My momma can be used as a prime example. She has thick, black and Indian hair that's naturally curly and falls to her elbows. Her skin complexion is almost exactly similar to a Hershey chocolate bar and she's as thick as a snicker with a flat stomach. A stranger wouldn't even believe that she's had three kids if they're meeting her for the first time. I'm sure I get my shape from her because I'm just as thick around my hips and backside with a small waist to compliment my frame.