Chapter 1 Happy 8th birthday

Third person p.o.v

Liam had woken up early seeing on how today was his birthday and he was turning 8. He ran down the stairs and found his parents all dressed up. You see liam's parents were very busy people. They had no time to spend with there two kids, Liam who was now 8 and Ben who was 2 . "mommy daddy where are you going". Liam looked up at his parents. His mom bent over and picked Liam up. "sorry Liam we got a phone call we have to go to new York for another meeting". Liam's eyes filled with tears. "but it's my birthday you promised that we would celebrated it together". His mom kissed his forehead "I promise me and your dad will be here tonight and we will have a big cake". "you promise mommy" Liam stook his little pinky out in front of his mother. "I promise Liam". She wrapped her pinky around liam's little pinky. His father came through the front door. "Karen we have to go now or we'll miss our flight". She put Liam down and kissed his forehead. "Liam please promise to take care of Ben. I love you. Bye". She opened the front door and she was gone.

Liam made his way to the living room and sat on the couch. His little brother came down stairs rubbing his eyes and jumped on Liam wrapping his arms around his neck. "happy birfday Lili" Ben chuckled. "morning Ben you want breakfast". He nodded his head "Lili where mama and dada go". "they went to work Ben". His eyes started to get watery. "shh Ben don't cry". Liam said while feeding Ben his food. Ben sobbed harder. "shh there going to be back Ben and we'll celebrate my birthday with a big cake". Ben wiped his eyes and smiled "yay yum yum cake". Ben cheered Liam laughed at Ben his cute little brother. Liam ran to the DVD player and put there favorite movie in which was toy story.

......................................................................................

Liam woke up cuddled on the couch with his little brother Ben. He looked outside and it was all dark. He lifted his little brother up to his room and tucked him in. Kissing his forehead "goodnight Ben sleep well". He went into his parents room they weren't back yet. Liam decided to wait downstairs till his parents came home. After hours of waiting for his parents to come through the door. He broke down and cried "they promised and broke it" Liam mumbled.

What Liam didn't know was the plane that his parents were on crashed. There bodies burnt badly and left unidentified.

............................................................................

7 YEARS LATER

Liam's p.o.v

I sat in the kitchen table eating my breakfast and watching Ben do his homework. I felt sorry for Ben he never really got to see how it was like with mom and dad. I hated my parents they left me alone with Ben. It was hard to take care of him being just a little kid. But I managed by using my parents extra money. "hey Ben you need any help with your homework". "no I'm fine liam". "okay hurry up I'm going to be late for school and so are you". He closed his books and stuffed them in his bag. "okay let's go Liam". I walked him to his school and watched him run through the gates. "bye Ben I'll pick you up later". "bye Liam" he waved his hand. It was hard without parents especially when Ben started kindergarten. When he gave me a form that his teacher wanted to meet our parents.

FLASHBACK

I was walking home with Ben. "Lili where are our parents". I looked at Ben and squeezed his hand. It has been two years and they still never came home. "Ben mommy and daddy left us". He didn't cry or show any emotion at all. He unzipped his backpack and pulled out a letter and gave it to me. "what's this Ben". "I don't know my teacher gave it to me. She said I had to give it to mommy and daddy". I looked at the paper and read it. Dear guardian I would like to meet up with you and talk about your son/daughter. I looked at Ben. "so what does it say Lili". "it just about meeting up with your teacher and talking". "will you go Lili please". Ben was now giving me his puppy dog eyes. "uh fine".

Later that day

I walked into the classroom holding ben's hand. "hi mrs. I'm here for the interview". She chuckled "aww your to cute, where are your parents sweetie". I wasn't going to tell her they left. Otherwise she would have put us in an orphanage and me and Ben would be separated. "oh there really busy people. So they told me to come here. After all I am in charge of Ben when my parents aren't here". She smiled at me and wrote on a small yellow paper. "here sweetie give this to your parents". I grabbed the paper out of her hands. "thank you mrs". I walked out of the classroom. Ben right beside me. "Lili what does it say". I opened up the note.

Dear mrs. And mr. Payne

I would like to inform you that your son Ben. Is doing really well in class. He's really smart, helpful, and caring. But he can be really trouble with the other kids.

Thank you

Mrs. Cassia

I ruffled his hair "it says your doing good mister". I carried him on my back walking home. I won't break my promise like my parents did to me. I promised that I would take care of Ben and that's what I'm going to do".

END OF FLASHBACK