Unintentional Roommates ↠ Kunimi Akira ↠ NSFW

"Accidentally ended up as roommates freshman year of college because I was mistaken for a male on the application form" College AU

---

Honestly, you were pretty pissed off at whoever this guy was who simply thought that, at first glance, your name belonged to a male. Yes, you were a foreigner from (country of your choice) who moved to Japan for college, since you heard that the college there for (choose a course) was top notch. Your name might have been a bit uncommon to Japan,

But, did your name seriously appeal to them as a masculine name? Did they know a guy with your last name, so assumed that you would be a guy too? Did you look like a male?

You honestly hoped that the latter was not the case. Romance was not your top priority at the moment, academics and the learning experience you would get were, however, you did not want to be seen as a guy by your colleagues either.

The college you were attending was well known, hailed to have a some really good facilities and benefits. The professors were apparently geniuses, and a lot of intelligent students came to attend.

"However, some of their staff, particularly the ones handling the dorm system, meanwhile, aren't in their top form at all lately." You grumble angrily, the keyring given to you spinning around your index finger.

You complained to them, but unfortunately, it was too late. There were no more empty slots in the dorms that you could stay in. "Don't worry too much. Your room mate is a quiet and smart guy. He won't disturb you." The old woman tells you, pushing up her spectacles.

"If you're really bothered by it, you can try looking for an apartment in the city. However, that's an option that's not as safe and recommended- as you're new to Japan."

"You can also try to check the bulletin boards later on if anyone wants to share an apartment and split rent or something."

She informs you, before walking away to whatever else business she needed to take care of.

"It doesn't matter how nice and timid the man is.. He's still a guy, and I'm still a girl, and this is technically breaking the campus rules but somehow we're going to be the only exception? Will we really not get into trouble? What if rumours start about us? What if.." You continue to babble on to yourself. Thank the heavens, that, at the moment, you were the only one in vicinity.

Perhaps you're overthinking things. Perhaps, you cared too much for following the rules. Perhaps, you two would become friends, but perhaps, you two wouldn't even bother with each other. Maybe having a male as a roommate would not make much of a significance in your college life at all.

You can't help but be bothered though.

Assessing the ways you can go about in first meeting him. How do you just say 'I'm (Y/LN). (Y/LN) (Y/FN) Oh, by the way, I'm your room mate. Yes, I know I'm a girl, but there was a bit of a mix up with the staff and they thought my name was for a boy and maybe I had just gotten a hair cut in that picture so my hair looked slightly shorter than it is now? Anyway, now that I'm here mind telling me which bed I occupy?'

Okay, that sounded terrible, even in your head. You need to upgrade your introduction skills. Imagine if you actually told him that. Surely, he would think that you were annoying. Or- he would realise that you're a bundle of nerves, which is embarrassing to say the least.

But how else would you go about explaining the whole situation to him? I mean, he'd probably be really confused on why this foreign girl is suddenly in his and his supposed - to - be - male - but - whoops - not - actually room mate's dormitory.