Thanks To The Kids ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi

Quick Note: This was based on a prompt I saw on Tumblr AND something I saw IRL. Also- Omg this is barely a reader insert like Yamaguchi only comes in in the end??? This will be pretty short. Anyway, decided to try out a first person story instead of 2nd or 3rd p.o.v .like usual. Really sorry I dont update more. And this is sorta meh too sorry.

---

I've always had a soft spot for children. They were overwhelmingly adorable, although sometimes a bit too energetic or childish, but weren't such traits just normal for kids to have? And their innocence and outlook on things were quite charming too.

So when I passed by a playground walking home, I saw two men who were most likely in the same age group as me, judging by their looks, and they appeared to be picking on a few children. I couldn't help but feel disgusted. Scoffing, I decided to make a quick detour and I approached the group.

"And ladies and gents, over here we have a pair of assholes." The distaste rings out in my tone easily, as I glare at the two guys. They seem to move away from the kids, fortunately, and face me instead, quite unfortunately.

'Well, I do hope the kids don't end up repeating the vulgar words either of us might end up saying.'

"Who the hell are you?" The taller one asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "I'm not a pathetic piece of garbage who has nothing better to do than fight innocent children, that's for sure."

The second guy rolls his eyes. "Please, bitch. Those damned brats were-"

"Were what? Did they hit you with a frisbee they failed to catch? Got in your way whilst walking? Accidentally bumped into you?" I guessed, laughing at the ridiculousness. "Surely not lasting damage, that's for sure. The least you could have done was told them off in a nice way. Don't stoop so low to fight someone a different size than you."

"Are you implying that we should fight someone like you instead then?" I didn't know whether I should be laughing or be genuinely scared as I watched them step closer to me.

They probably could hurt me if they wanted to. But are they really stupid enough to do it in a public area? Terrible, terrible people.

"I was right. You two truly are pathetic. First, you pick on children. Then, you decide to try to pick a fight with a lady just trying to defend aforementioned children. In a playground." It was then I 'accidentally' kneed one of the two men in the groyne.

I think I just heard a gasp and an "ooh" amongst the sound of groaning from the guy. "Oh, you okay there? Maybe you should take your buddy to rest or something." With a final glare, the two guys walk away.

'Ahh, I hope I wasn't too harsh on them,' I think to myself. 'Though they more or less deserved it.'

Finally turning to the four children, I smile brightly. "You four aren't hurt, are you?" They shake their heads, and I notice that their eyes seem to sparkle with some admiration. Which I suppose I shouldn't be all that shocked about. I did make the two men leave them alone.

"Thank you, pretty onee-chan." A small boy with brownish hair says, a smile gracing his, and the other children's faces.

"Ne, what's your name, nee-chan?" An adorable girl with bright orange hair asked me. "(Last Name) (First Name)." I say in reply, before eyeing their physical attributes. Say, weren't two of them looking really familiar?