Letters ↠ Aone Takanobu

Quick Note: I love AUs, so this was pretty inspired by so much Hamilton the Musical things I need help.

Also, this is NOT set in the USA or Japan. This is set in an unnamed country. P.S. I'm not really good with 17-18th Century specific vocabulary, forgive me.

---
Aone-centric
---

When he first sees her, he is immediately infatuated. Her skin looked as pure as the driven snow, and soft as the evening wind murmuring amongst the willows; it was as though she was completely untainted by the ongoing war. Her eyes seemed to be set ablaze by a thousand fireflies, and her lips the colour of a budding red rose.

Her dress was a beautiful turquoise, so stylish yet relaxed, reminiscent of the serene waters near the port. It was an attractive colour, looking splendid against (skin/c) skin, but it was not the reason that everyone had their eyes on her.

She was a beautiful woman, yes. A lady so divine that wherever she walked, the sunlight turned into her personal spotlight; whenever she smiled, it was much too infectious and radiant that for a second, the people's hardships had dispersed into dust.

The first time Takanobu converses with her strikes his heart with cheerfulness, for she was simply too brilliant, her intellect and wit. It was in the way she spoke with such knowledge, and moved with the poise of a swan.

Truly, he knew that her true beauty laid within her very soul and heart.

Her father escorts her across the ballroom, and to him. "General Takanobu, I'd like you to meet my dearest and eldest daughter, (F/N)."

"Dear Sir, I find it extremely pleasing to for you to attend the ball this night." She greets, bowing deeply in front of him. He is filled with mirth for a mere moment, knowing that despite how terrifying he is said to appear, she greets him with a smile of an angel.

Then again, the ballroom is filled with an assortment of characters, from soldiers to businessmen, and more; characters all intimidating just as he.

"Yes and to you as well." It is all he can manage out of his lips without stammering in nervousness.

Her voice is hushed, as to maintain proper ballroom etiquette. "Isn't tonight so grand? It is as though our men aren't facing battles these past months at all."

He nods, a small grunt released from his throat. "I believe so, Lady (F/N). Surely, people will tell the story of tonight."

There is a silence between them, as they both look at the pairs dancing across the ballroom. Her father is near them still, although talking to one of the attendants of the ball. Although the lack of conversation is not awkward, Aone painfully wishes he could stop being such a coward and talk to her.

Instead, she looks at him with a polite smile. "I apologise, but I should be taking my leave to greet the others." Before she walks away from him, though, she tells him something in a softer tone, for only him to hear.

"I know it is unladylike of me to ask this of a gentleman, however, I'd like to have the honour of at least one dance with you tonight, General Aone." She bows to him, before proceeding to talk to a woman he is unfamiliar with.

He finds himself distracted, merely staring at her instead of proceeding to talk to high profile nobles and militarians.

He suddenly hears a small chuckle from behind him, and when he turns around the man, who is at the receiving end of his stare, flinches. "Ah, even until now, I find myself somewhat intimidated by you, even if you are simply the nicest general our country seemingly has."