Bamboo ↠ Ushijima Wakatoshi

Quick Note: I'm like hella in love with Wakatoshi. Also apparently a bunch of you guys play volleyball? I noticed in the comments OwO. LOL COMMENT UR POSITION!

Sorry I wasn't able to upload a Valentines special. I wanted to, but school is a pain like always.

P.S. Ushijima might be a bit frustrating at first oops

---

Ushijima Wakatoshi has always been able to appreciate talent. As a child, both with talent and will to work hard, he trained endlessly to arrive where he is today-

One of the best volleyball players within his age group,

The hailed pride and ace of Shiratorizawa;

One of the representatives of the country in international competitions.

Of course, a talented person should be able to tell who's worth taking the shot for, from those whose potentials only lie as deep as their skin.

When Ushijima watches her play volleyball for the first time, he knows she's brimming with talent right to her very core.

They've been classmates for three years now, but not once had (F/N) shined so brightly before he saw her play volleyball.

Well, perhaps he held a bias- it was his favourite sport that she was playing, after all. He pretty much breathed the sport.

During gym class, (F/N)'s team beat their opponents rather quickly. Having done only one match, her team practically obliterated the other with a score of 25 to 10.

His interest is sparked.

The brown haired male watched (F/N) head towards the benches, not before she exchanged high-fives with classmates who complimented her playing.

Though he can't hear what she was saying, she gave small smiles to each of them, before she ran off to the bench beside the one he was sitting on.

As she takes a swig out of her water bottle, Ushijima faces her.

"(L/N), are you part of the girl's volleyball team?" He questions her, not even thinking about beating around the bush.

"U-ushijima-kun! Why aren't you playing with the rest of our-"

"Do you really think it'd be fair for me to be allowed to play against them?" Wakatoshi asks bluntly, frowning as the girl in front of him stiffens slightly.

But then she laughs.

"Yes, yes. You really are too good, after all!" She tells him, though the ace isn't all that fazed by the compliment.

He knows. Not to be arrogant, but he definitely knows the extent of his skills. He's heard them so many times, those words don't really feel the same anymore coming from his schoolmates or peers.

"You didn't answer my question. Are you part of the school's team?"

This time, (F/N) pauses, before letting out an awkward chuckle. "Uh, no. I'm not really that good."

Oh.

So she was that kind of person.

Ushijima Wakatoshi has always been able to appreciate talent.

But he's always detested it when people never put their talents to good use, who never cultivated their skills; who never tried their best to polish themselves to perfection.