1. That Girl

Kaien POV

"I guess this should be enough." I suddenly felt someone's presence and quickly grab my sword and turn to see an old friend, her name was Mary, they introduced her to me by another close friend of mine, she is their daughter's guardian. I hid my sword before I could greet her when she interrupted me, "Kaien, I need your help." she pulls me into a small house close to where we were. "Mary, what's so important that-" "Could you take care of my adopted daughter" "What!? Why!?" I ask her, "She is being hunted by vampires and they found her so I need you to take care of her and I'll - "

I don't want to lose another friend.

"And what will happen to you, Mary!?" I shouted in anger, "There's no hope for me anymore without my Master and Mistress... I am slowly falling into a Level E Vampire and I couldn't afford to hurt her, I beg you Kaien." before I could protest I'm interrupted by a sound *thud* *thud* "They're here." I drag out my sword, "There's no time Kaien, up ahead there's a school. She's waiting for me." "What would I tell her?" I ask and in sadness, knowing what would happen if I were to leave her. "Tell her anything - please, Kaien. Tell her I had an accident."

"No, I won't leave you here Mary." "I knew you would say that." suddenly numerous vampires burst down above us but before I could react or do anything she quickly shoved me outside and locked the door, and yelled, "Go Kaein!" before leaving, I heard a whisper "Goodbye, old friend." then I heard screams one after the other. I sprinted as fast as I could when I saw a light blonde-haired girl, her skin was white and fair, as I was running towards her I saw a glimpse of red in her eyes gazing at me. I reached her as she looks at me with curiosity written over her face, I introduced myself and that I was one of Mary's friend and that she had an accident and died, she got quiet and looked at me and smiled, "My name is Miki but I don't have the last name."

The sudden introduction surprised me but maybe she isn't the type who cries in front of someone so I just went along with it, "Miki, what a Beautiful name it fits you perfectly it means beautiful princess, right?"

Miki, it sounds familiar.

"And I'm Kaine Cross since I'll be your new Daddy, your name will be Miki Cross, how's that sound hmm?" She looks at me and smiles, "It sounds nice, thank you." I just couldn't help it, but to hug her tightly in my arms for a young girl to lose the only person who took great care of her and still able to smile as if nothing happened. I promise you Mary I will protect her, "Come now child, it's getting dark."

Miki POV

I knew this would happen; I told her she will die if she were to continue to protect me, but she didn't listen to me and now she's gone.

We stop in front of a huge gate that slowly opened, we then went inside and could hear the screaming girls, "It could get loud here once in a while but most of the time it is quiet." Kaien turns to me with a reassuring smile. He stops and turns to me, "Would you like a tour now or tomorrow, Miki?" he asks me "It would be good if I have the tour now so I could start class tomorrow." I replied bluntly.

We start the tour, "This is the Main Building... and this Is the Day Class Dorms where you will attend and...." "Kyaaaa!!!" he was cut off by the screaming girls, and the more we got closer the more it became louder and louder... *sigh "Yes, like I said it could get noisy here because of the Night class and over there are the Night Dorms." he points at the screaming girls "Uh... How bout we get you a little closer for you to see." the moment we got closer one of the screaming girls saw us and thus others followed and slowly their screaming died, after that, they gave way to us and curious stares followed me. And there I saw . . .

Yuki POV

The once screams slowly died, I turn around and saw the Headmaster followed by a light blonde-haired girl wearing a normal school uniform. She has fair white skin, and she's beautiful just by looking at her I thought that maybe she's a new student in the night class.