8:Tell Me The Truth

Miki POV

As I approach the gate of Cross Academy I began to run towards it but before I could hit the gate I jump over it and perfectly landed on my feet, "I never thought that a prefect would dare break the rules but you . . . you were an exception." I turn around to see a pair of red-brown eyes. He has brown hair that is grown up to his collar with his bangs falling into his face, his face expression as usual is calm and tranquil but this time with a small smile forming from the edges of his lips. "And why were I an exception, Kaname -sama" I ask him while he walks towards me "Because you're unpredictable. Every time I underestimate you, you without fail surprise me and . . . " He pause as he walks closer "and give me hope." he finish reaching for my hand but I moved it away before he could even get hold of it, "What hope?" I ask him though I already knew the answer "Hope that you're her." I was about reply but this time he took my hand and gently held it tightly, before I could protest, my vision became blurry though I tried to fight back the darkness slowly engulfed me.

Zero POV

The moment we arrived back, I immediately searched for Miki but she wasn't anywhere to be found. I searched endlessly for her wanting those answers she promised me and if I can't find her, I won't have any answer at all "Shit" I curse under my breath as I punch the wall in front of me. The only place I haven't search for was the Moon Dorms but even before I could step further Yuki approach me and told me that the Headmaster request to see both of us and also to inform me as well that dinner is ready.

I could only *sigh of the thought, really of all times but maybe he knows where Miki is I thought and obediently went back with Yuki. While we were eating I tried to ask Cross about Miki but every time I ask him he would always find a way to change the topic every now and then, we also informed him that we (mostly Yuki) were invited by Ichijou to go to the Moon Dorm at late night for further details about Vampires. I also told her that I would be accompanying her to make sure she's safe but I could also look for Miki while we were there.

Yuki POV

'If you want to know, come to the Moon Dorm at late night. Don't you want to know the details?' I could still remember what Ichijou-san said but that wasn't the only thing that was troubling me, it was the fact that the moment we arrived Miki was no where to be seen and that Zero has been searching for her non-stop. As I try to glance at Zero I immediately panicked "Wait, Zero! You shouldn't be accompanying me to the Night Section with attack in mind" I said while running towards him while he was loading his gun but as soon as I got closer I remember what he told me earlier.

< Earlier >
"I'm coming with you" I hear from a distance as I turn around I see Zero calmly walking towards me, "Why?" I ask "You do know there'll be a lot of vampires since it'll be in the Moon Dorm, Zero" I continue as I look him in the eye "I know, all the more reason for me to come with you" he replies as he pass me by and walks outside "Besides . . . Miki might be there" I hear him say before he exits the room.

Miki . . . Again and again it's always her. Even Kaname looks and speak softly when it comes to her, why can't it be me . . . Kaname.

{Meanwhile}

Kaname POV

I set Miki down on my bed and gently caress her hair as my hands find its way to her face slowly caressing it as gentle as possible but before I could stand up she flutters her eyes open. She slowly move her gaze upon mine, soon she realizes where she was and without a minute to lose she dash towards the door but only to find out that it was lock. Before she could move towards the windows I walk behind her and held her in my arms as tightly as possible, she tenses up the moment I held her, "Let go, Kaname" she says while struggling to break free from me, "Please calm down, I'll let go only if you calm down." I felt her body relaxed, "Good girl" I then pull myself off of her.

She turns around and looks at me again with those cat like eyes of hers always looking at you with curiosity and mischievousness in it as if controlling you without you even knowing it, "You do know that sooner or later Zero will look for me and when he finds-" I cut her off even before she could finish, "I know, that's why I'll use all the time I have left to persuade you to tell me the truth" she walks closer with a grin on her lips "My, my why would you think I wasn't telling you the truth . . . I was only giving you a hint of the truth, dear Kaname" she found her way towards my bed "Well, since I'm here. I'll take a short nap" soon she was fast asleep and I prepared myself for Takumas' Birthday, before I head out I look at her for the last time.

"I know that the moment I close this door you'd dash out of the window so I'll leave the doors open for you to use instead. After all I wouldn't want you to get yourself hurt. Goodnight, Miki" with that I closed the door as I hear the bed creaks.