Chapter One - History

Please do not copy my story, or steal it. This story belongs to me. All rights reserved. I came up with it, and really would like credit for what I came up with, so please please please do NOT steal it. But feel free to share. Thanks a bunch!:-)©

Let the story begin:

______________________________

The creaking of the floors, reminded me of screams, or the howls of werewolf's my grandmother would tell me stories of. Sometimes I would hear howls past the castle walls, and imagine a werewolf. But I knew it wasn't.

Grandmother had told me they had been extinct for nearly sixteen centuries. So therefore the howls had to be those of a normal wolf.

Father told me that he, himself personally, along with his army had ridden us of the burden of the fury creatures. I personally, have never met one of the fury beasts, but mother and father said they were awful creatures, and I should consider myself lucky to never have met one.

Other then the shedding, drooling, fleas, and just about every inch of a werewolf they didn't seem to bad. But, I was one to believe my parents, and grandmother.

Father says our kind is the powerful ones. That the dogs a.k.a. werewolfs are nothing but mangy flea bags, who should be kept on leashes. He also says that us as vampires should have them as pets (not literally.) My father, mother, and grandmother hate werewolfs to the complete.

They also tell me that as Princess of the northern side, I should take complete control of my rightful place.

Ever since birth I was taught to be queen. They say I was the future, but how could I be the future if I new nothing that happens on the outside walls?

My cousins, ruled the southern side of the continent. They rebelled in the spot light. They loved to rule, and would so anything for power. I loved my cousins dearly, but they were raised to be way to proud, and were very spoiled. Not to say I wasn't, because as Princess, I got anything I could dream.

As a vampire Princess, well lets just say the villagers are humans, my family are vampires, but the villager don't know they are being ruled by vampires. It's not like I choose to be this way, I was born this way. My parents say I should love who I am or what I am, but I prefer to stick to stored away blood. I'm not a fan of the fresh stuff, or the fact of killing people.

Then there's the extinct werewolfs, supposably lived like regular wolfs. That they lived in the woods, hunted in the woods, didn't leave the woods. Legend says every full moon the beasts would turn into giant wolfs. By day they were humans. It says they would ravage and torcher the human villagers, but the humans thought that they were just over sized wolfs. People eventually caught on to the time the wolfs would come, and would lock themselves and their children in their home. They would bolt the doors and close the drapes. If they didn't the wolfs would eat them. Before they went extinct my family would help fund the villagers, to keep them safe. I was two when the werewolf went extinct, its been almost sixteen centuries now. I'm sixteen hundred, I know old, right? Well, to be honest I don't look a day over sixteen. Considering the fact that I live forever, my parents are around fifty hundred years old. Not to mention my grandmother who's about fifty thousand years old.

The only way for us to die, is a werewolf bite - which isn't possible, they're extinct, a wooden stake through the heart, or no blood.

I pressed my barefoot against the cold stone floor of the hallway. Then my hand slid against the empty wallpaper on the wall. The simple cream color of the walls, and the firm stones of the floor. Down the hallway I could hear the creaking and moaning of the empty halls and rooms.

"Miss?"

I looked around the hallway, nobody. The word was repeated again. I looked again once more, nobody. Nothing, but empty hallways and closed doors.

"Miss?"

I jerked my eyes open. I was laying in my bed. I looked up to find my maid, Crystal. She had her dark gray stands of hair, pulled into a tight bun. She wore a black knee length skirt, and a tight elbow length shirt. Her skirt fell losely at her hips. Then at the end of her sleeves they flared out about two inches. Her dark emerald eyes peered down at me. Her white apron around her black skirt had splotches of faded red, throughout. She held a tray, with a crystal clear cup, and a red liquid, filled over halfway.

She bent done just a tad, and I grabbed the cup. I pressed it to my lips and let the liquid slide down. I put my hand in front of my face, and watched as my icy white colored skin, turned back to it's normal tan peachy color.

The maids and other workers in the castle knew what my family was. They knew not to tell anyone either, or there would be terrible consequences.

"Miss, are you ready to get up, and dressed for the day? Your parent need to talk to you," Crystal said, in a light and hushed tone.

"Of course," I replied.

"What color are we feeling today, Miss Dusk?"

"Shimmery black, perhaps?"

"Of course, m'lady." She curtsied, then disappeared into my closet.

I placed the cup on my nightstand, then pushed back my dark sheets. My bare feet were cold against the stone floor. I pushed myself off my bed. Not moments later Crystal rushed back in.

She had a black gown, then layed it on the bed. I tugged off my night gown.

Crystal rushed over and grabbed my corset, and hoop. She brought them back to me, and I slid them one. Then she helped me into my dress. She fastened the laces in the back. Then she ushered me over to the makeup stand. She applied my makeup on, along with lipstick, and a coat of lip gloss over it. She brushed trough my rats nest of hair, and soon replaced them with lavish curls. My bangs were left straight and pushed to one side. My brown hair with tint of blonde had a shine to it. The makeup made my crystal blue eyes, appear more.

"There you are, m'lady."

"Thank you, Crystal."

I walked over to the full length mirror. My dress was a black jeweled top on my breasts, then on my stomach was tight plain material. Then at my hips the dress fell to the floor, but poofed out like a ball gown. I spun around watching myself as I did so. The dress sent a ray of shine. I walked a little to see it shine as a walked. I smiled to myself. At the bottom was a black sheer layer, about six inches long. The sleeves fell down my shoulders, releasing a lot of skin.

I walked to my jewelry box and pulled a red jeweled necklace, and placed it on my neck. I gave my reflection one more look, before opening the door, and heading to find my parents.

I just had to wonder what they wanted to talk to me about.

_________________________

Hi, every one! Hang in with me, the story is kind of boring right now, but I promise it will get better in the next few chapters! :-)

For me to upload more I will need some views, comments, votes, and/or shares. Thanks so much. Hang in there the story will, get good, I promise. (If you like these kinds of stories.)

Also check out my other stories: That Summer., and The Tag-Along.