Chapter 13 - The Tattoo

The needle came closer to my skin. My wrists were strapped down to the chair, along with my ankles.

I tried to pull my arms free. Nothing. My ankles. Nothing.

I screamed, tears running down my cheeks. M fear pulsing through my veins.

My eyes shot to the needle. It took blood from me. I screamed again.

A pair of blue eyes met mine. Familiar. They were angry, sorry, and disappointed. The hand that held the needle, belonged to the pair of blue eyes.

"Shut up! Shut up, vampire!" Mason growled.

"Mason, please. Don't don't do this!" I cried.

"You deserve to be tortured. You're a monster!"

"No, I'm not. Please, understand." Tear continued to roll down my cheeks.

"No!" he growled.

"It's okay, it'll be over before you know it."

I swung my head over to the voice.

"Eli?" I asked.

"Hey, Dusk." He smiled.

"Wait! So, you lied about your name, too?" My head shot back to Mason.

Mason looked at Eli. Then he grabbed a wooden stake and pierced it through Eli's heart.

I screamed, and cried out for Eli.

"Mason! Why?" Tears fell off my cheeks, pouring, and plunging.

"You're next," Mason growled, as he came at me with the stake.

He threw his hand back in the air.

"Em?" Mason's sweet, normal voice rang. Although, his lips didn't move. "Em?" he asked, again. Still, no movement.

The wood stake came plunging for my heart.

"Em?"

My eyes shot open.

My breathing was heavy. I blinked, and focused on my surroundings. Mason and I were still in the tent. There was little light, through the walls of the tent. I guessed it was dawn.

My eyes met Mason's.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern filled his eyes, and voice.

I fell into Mason's arms, and let out whining sobs.

"He rubbed my head. "Shh... it was just a dream." He was quiet for a moment. "Do you wanna tell me about it?"

I shook my head. "No, not, right now. I'll tell you someday, but I'm not ready, yet, okay?" I wiped my eyes.

"Okay." I could feel him nodding.

Then for the first time, I could smell i clearly. It called out for me, it smelt good.

Mason's blood.

Maybe it was because I was hungry. Or maybe, it was because my lips and nose were resting right on the crease of his neck. Maybe, both.

But, I wouldn't do it.

I quickly pushed Mason away.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked, even more worry filled his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, wiping my eyes.

:Maybe, you should get some more sleep," he suggested.

"I don't want to. I didn't like that dream... at all."

"Okay, well at least lay down with me?"

I nodded, and did as he asked.

We layed there in silence for a while.

"Mason?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"I'm... I'm scared..." I trailed off.

He took a deep breath, and sighed. "I know... I know."

~~~~~

My arm burned slightly. I traced the arrows on my arm. I watched my reflection through the mirror.

It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. And it wasn't that bad.

"It looks good on you," Mason said, as I met his eyes in the mirror. A smile was plastered onto his face.

He walked behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kissed the side of my chin gently.

"Does it hurt?" Mason asked.

Our eyes held a gaze in the mirror. "Yeah, a little," I replied.

"It will not hurt forever, merely a few weeks or so... promise."

I smiled at him, and nodded. "Okay."

He kissed my chin again. "Are you okay?"

I stared at myself in the mirror. Looked myself up and down. My mind raced with thoughts. New ones. Old ones. Recent ones.

I had a new idea of myself. I'd never thought of myself this way before. It was a new feeling.

A new world.

I met Mason's eyes in the mirror. "I'm better than okay. I'm great. Infact, I feel like a brand new person." A sly, evil smile formed onto my face.