Chapter 17 - Part of my Past

"Why do you sleep so long for?"

I used my hand to pat around for the sound, trying to shut up the sound. It kept making sound, non-stop. All I found was sheets. I patted some more, went up, then found a chest. I patted up more, and I think I found a face.

I opened one eye, and saw my hand covering Mason's face.

"Final-"

I put my pointer finger over his lips. "Shh... it's sleep time, now," I mumbled.

"But, it's alread-"

"Shh..." I mumbled again, as my eyes fluttered shut again.

I felt his hand around my wrist, as my hand began to slip down his lips. He pressed my finger to his lips, finishing with a kiss.

Then he let my hand fall. Mason got off the bed, which made me open my eyes. "Where are you going?" I asked, groggily.

"I'm gonna go, and let you sleep."

"Please, don't."

He sighed. "Fine." He walked back over to me, and sat on the bed. I sat up next to him.

His back faced the balcony, while I faced it.

"That was torture, by the way," I said.

"What was, my rich girl?" he asked, using his ridiculous nickname for me.

"Don't start," I snapped. He smiled at me. "Seriously though, you know what you did."

"Do I?" he asked, as he grabbed my wrist, and placed a kiss on my finger again.

I squinted my eyes at him, angrily.

"Fine," he said, as he came closer. His face was centimeters from mine. Our lips nearly touching. He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Is this the torture?" he asked, his breath warm. I swallowed hard. Then he ran his hand down my arm. "How about this?" He smiked.

I couldn't help myself anymore. I plunged forward, crushing our lips together. His hand was on my waist now, and my hands were in his hair, as he kissed me.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but I didn't care.

At some point though, I opened my eyes. There stood a figure, by the open doors of the balcony. The sun shining on his back made his face dark.

I had to guess by the figure who it was. When I finally concentrated I realized who it was.

Eli.

I loosened one of my hands from Mason's hair. I flung my hand back and forth, motioning Eli to leave.

I seen his head nod and he slowly backed away.

He went to turn around, and ran right into my table with my makeup on it. A fancy shaped bottle of perfume, came plummeting off of the table.

Eli quickly, in a blur caught it, and sat it on the table, but hitting the table again. My vase of flowers came plummeting down,and shattered onto the floor. Making water spread all over the floor.

I loved that vase, I thought.

But, then I realized Mason had stopped kissing me. He turned around so quickly, it scared me. Especially, when he had a dagger in his hand, from where he got that, I've not a clue.

It was silent in the room for a while. The wind blew in making the scene, even more dramatic.

I guess he clouds moved over the sun, because now you light was dim in here. You could finally see Eli's face clearly.

"Who the heck are yo-" Mason growled, then stopped. "Eli?" His voice was... excited? Sort, of. He got up, and walked to Eli. Then they... hugged?

What?

"Hey, Mason," Eli said, casually.

"Wait." Mason looked between Eli and I. "Why are you here?"

"I... well-" I knew that Eli was scrambling for an answer, because he didn't know what Mason knew.

"Wait. Are you two..." Mason's voice was getting angry now.

I jumped off the bed, and ran to im. "Mason, no. Okay, just listen to me." I sighed, as I stood in front of Mason. "You wanted to know more of my past, and here is a part of it. Eli, and I were good friends." I looked at Eli, he nodded. "Maybe, even close to best friends."

"Really? Is that it? Mason looked confused.

"Yes, but just so we aren't lying here, we have..."

"Have what?" Mason asked, angrily. His brow furrowed, as he stared at me. It vaguely reminded me of the first time we met, when I rescued him.

"Mason, no. We never did what your thinking. We only kissed once." I was quick to answer.

"Why?"

"Because, well, as you know I was rich, and before I left... Eli courted me. Only for a few days, though. My reason for kissing him was to know if I felt, well what I call the spark." Woops, didn't mean for that part ot com out. Oh, well.

"So, you kiss, to feel a... spark?" Mason asked. "Which you say is love?"

"Yes... to both questions."

"Did you?"

Did I what?"

"Feel the spark, with Eli."

I looked at Eli, who gave me a thin smile. Then back at Mason, a stern look in his eyes. "No."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely, because if there was any feeling like that, between either one of us, Eli would probably still be courting me."

It was silent for a moment. Mason looked at Eli. "Did you feel anything?"

"Nope."

"Okay, I was just making sure there wasn't anything between my girlfriend-" That made me explode with happiness when he called me that. "And my best friend," he finished.

Wait, what? "So, you guys are friends?" I asked.

"Yeah, for a couple years or so, now," Eli replied. "Well, I'm gonna go, let you two talk." With that Eli jumped off the balcony.

I wondered what Mason thought of Eli doing that, but then realized that Mason did the same thing.

"I didn't know, that you knew Eli," I commented.

"I didn't know that you knew him wither," Mason said, as he sat on the bed, I did the same.

"Only for like three ish months."

"Oh. Em?" Mason looked confused, like he was deep in thought.

"Yeah?"

"So, are looking to find that... spark?"

I lost eye contact with him, as I looked down at my lap. "Yes." I wasn't going to tell him another lie, ever.

"Did you feel that spark with... me?" he asked. I could feel his eyes beating down on me.

I wasn't prepared for this question.

"Please, don't lie to me, I need to know."

I sighed, then met his eyes again. His brow was furrowed.

"Yes."