Chapter 21 - Shopping

My head spun around, as my eyes stared at the bite.

Mason had bit me, when his wolf pounced on me. It wasn't a cu from a rock. It was a werewolf bite. Just yesterday, they were extinct, now I was gonna dye from a bite from one.

For the first time in my life... I was really scared.

I couldn't tell Mason, I didn't want to worry him. I didn't want him blaming himself, because I knew that he would.

"Em?"

The voice calling me, broke me from my thoughts. I just had to slow my breathing and calm down. I did just that, and walked out of my closet.

"Hey, Mel. What's up?" I asked, in the calmest voice that I could manage.

"I just thought we could hang out, maybe go shopping or something?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure, just... I'm just gonna come out and say it... I know that you are a werewolf," I said.

Her eyes grew big. "How-"

"Mason." I flat out said. "I found out about him," I finished.

"So, he told you that I was one?" She furrowed her brow.

"Well, technically I asked if the bandits were all werewolves. Then he replies with a 'yes', and so I asked if you were."

"Oh." She let out a sigh. "But, this doesn't change our friendship right? You can get over me being a werewolf, right?"

"Yeah, as long as you can deal with me being a vampire."

"Of course." She smiled at me.

Although, I'm not really sure how much longer I'll be around. I'm sorry, Mel.

"So, you wanna head out now?" I asked.

"That's good with me."

It didn't take us long to get to the closets dress shop. The front of the shop was glass, and beautiful dresses were displayed in the windows. One was a black ball gown, shimmery gold dust was placed around it. It was very breath taking.

Another one was the opposite. It was pink with silver dust.

The bell rang as we walked into the shop. There were racks and racks of clothes.

It didn't take us long to get down into, 'shopping world'. We were around a rack, flipping through the clothes.

We held up dresses to ourselves, and asked the others opinion.

"So, did you tell Mason, that you were a vampire?" Mel whispered, I guess that she knew that I'd be able to hear her.

I nodded. "Yeah," I whispered back.

We weren't really whispering, it was more of a, talking under our breath.

"Did you tell him that you were a princess?" she asked.

At this moment I was just glad, that we both had extremely good hearing. We could have a private conversation, without anyone hearing.

"No. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to tell him," I whispered.

"What do you mean?"

I sifted through some more dresses. "I mean, I'll maybe tell him one day. Things could happen."

She glanced up at me, but then continues to look at the dresses. "What could happen?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, we could break up, we could start hating each other again, one of us could die." All of my thoughts made my insides hurt.