Chapter 5- A Decision

Please vote, comment, and/or share

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My breathing was deep. My heart was racing. That scared the heck out of me.

The door opened, and Eli ran in.

"Dusk? Are you okay? What's going on?" he asked, he had worry in his eyes and voice.

I used my arm to cover my upper body. "Yeah, could you get me a towel?" I used my free hand to motion towards the towels.

He walked over, and got me a towel. He kept his eyes down, and tossed me the towel.

I wrapped the towel around my body, and stepped out of the tub and exited the bathroom. Leaving a trail of water behind me. Eli also followed in tow.

"We'll talk after I get something to were, okay?" I said, and he nodded.

I walked into the closet, and slid on a silky night gown. I wrapped the towel around my hair. Then pulled it out again, trying to remove some of the water.

I walked out of the closet, and threw the towel down on the trail of water, and began to wipe it up with my foot.

Eli sat on the bed, watching me (but, not in a creepy way.)I huffed as I sat on the bed right next to him.

"What are you doing here? I thought that you went home." I said.

"I did, but decided to come back, and make sure that we were still friends," he said.

I giggled. "That's funny."

"Why is that funny." He looked at me sternly. Anger begin to burn in his eyes.

"Relax. I'm not making fun of you, I swear." I held up my hands in defense. "I actually just sent my maid, Crystal, out to send you a letter that said just about the same thing, but in more words."

The angry left his eyes. "Oh, that makes sense." A small laugh escaped his lips.

"Well, you'll be getting a letter, probably once you get home."

"Okay, well you want to tell me why you screamed in the bath?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It was just a bad dream."

"Do you want to tell me what it was about?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know, it was weird."

"Please, tell me."

I explained my dream to him. As best I good, considering it was very strange, and you had to have had the dream to really understand.

"A wolf?" He asked, a strange look on his face.

"Yeah."

"I have to go." With that he left, without a single other word.

"Eli?" I asked, even though he was already gone, and I knew that he could not hear me.

What just happened?

~~~~~

"You know that he's gotta be-"

I flung myself back around the corner. I pressed my back against the wall, and watch two gossiping maids walk past me and down the hall.

Once they were out of sight, I poked my head around the corner. Nobody else was coming, so I ran across the hallway, and into my father's office.

I knew that father was at a meeting, so he wouldn't be in his office.

I grabbed the door handle, and flung myself in. My father couldn't know what I was looking for, the door that I wanted to get through was locked, therefor mother and father didn't want me in there. But, little do they know that they can't hide things from me forever, and I want to know what is in that locked room.