Chapter 11 - Two Different Worlds

Why him? Of all people, why him?

I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him off.

He quickly regathered himself and jumped up. He threw his hand down, palm up, to help me.

I thought about it, but took his hand. He pulled me up.

"Listen, Em... I'm sor-" He began, but I cut him off.

I crushed our lips together. Was he about to apologize? That would have been a first. "What? What was that?" I asked between breaths.

"I, was gonna say, that I'm sorry," he said said between breaths.

"Well, I'm not." That really came out of nowhere.

Next thing I knew my back was pushed to a tree. I ran my hands through his hair. He held his left hand on my neck, and his right hand on my hip.

Our lips moved rhythmically together. My insides bursting into a million peices. This was unlike any kiss, I had ever had before. It was passionate. It was romantic. It was... love?

Was this really the spark that I had been waiting for my entire life? It didn't seem real. Was I even sure it was?

I mean, sure, I'd never felt this way before.

Snap.

My eyes flew open. Mason automatically pulled away. He quickly grabbed the dagger that was tied to is belt.

He held it firmly in his hands. I relied it was dark now. The moon was the only light.

Mason moved his head back and forth, his feet firm on the ground.

"I don't see anything, or hear anything." It was silent for a moment. "But, I think we should get you home." I nodded.

I wrapped my arms around myself. Rubbing my forearms. "Come on." He motioned for me to follow, and I did.

I brushed my hair from my face. It was a long walk. Neither of us said a word.

We finally arrived at the inn. "Mas-" I stopped, because I was shocked when he kissed my head. "We-" I couldn't finish.

The door flew open, and Mel stood their with Aiden. Mel ran down the steps, and wrapped her arms around me. "Em, where have you been? I thought that you just left, or something."

"Mason, you should probably go home. Em, you should come inside," Aiden said, with a deep sigh. I nodded.

Mel pulled me inside, and closed the door behind us. Before she could close it all the way though, I saw Mason mouth: upstairs. Then the door closed all the way, leaving Mason in the dark.

"What happened? Where have you been?" Mel asked.

Keep it cool, Dusk. You hate Mason, right? You still hate him! No, no, no, no! I wanted to hate him... so, why couldn't I? Has It really been hate this whole time? Okay, I don't need to argue with myself right now. Put on a good acting face, and act like you still hate him. You can do it, Dusk.

Now stop talking to yourself, Dusk!

"Your cousin kidnapped me," I said, as if it were the the worst thing in the world.

"Why?" she asked.

I knew that Mason was waiting for me upstairs, so I had to make this quick.

"I don't really wanna talk about it right now, I just really need a hot bath, and to get some good sleep, is that okay?"

Mel squinted. "That's fine," iden answered.

He looked a little frustrated. Is he mad at me?