Pieces

They say that when you fall in love for the first time...

It's only the first time. There's always going to be more lovers in the future. There'll be more to it than the first love.

They were wrong.

That first love is what made you the person you are today. You can either hate them for it, or love them for it.

Lucy Heartfilia was the only girl in my eyes. She still is. When her memory of me faded, so did her love.

I tried the first week to have her guess my name. She said she felt bad about forgetting me.

How do you tell the girl you love, who doesn't know you, that you're engaged but you don't remember? Does this mean we broke up? I wonder...

"Hey Natsu! Get y'ere fire breathing ass over here and light the guilds fire!" Gajeel growled to me. Lucy was nowhere around.

"Yes. You should stop moping, it's been far too long," Gajeel's wife, Levy, said as she stirred the hot soup. Mira and her work at the guild.

It's Christmas time and Lucy won't spend anymore Christmases with us anymore. She moved out of the apartment and into her old mansion. She is still a mage and Fairy Tail member but she spends the holidays away. I'm kinda glad because whenever she's around, I literally can't breath. It's like this suffocating feeling that if she walks by me, I'll drop dead.

A chilly wind breezed through the open window. Gray and Juvia are sitting next to each other by the window because Laxus said he couldn't go outside.

"Can I have some more soup?" I heard Gajeel ask. It's his fourth bowl.

"No! You've had enough! Tomorrow Lu-chan will be returning and you have to save her some!" Levy hissed. I heard wood hit metal and sighed knowing Levy smacked Gajeel with the wooden ladle.

"Attention everyone," Erza walked into the hall. She was talking with Master about some 'important' matters A.K.A dirty magazines.

"Here Gray-sama, Juvia made you an ice cube!" Juvia said loudly and with a hint of blush on her cheeks. Everyone was always exchanging presents. I look away and listen to Gray sound disappointed. I guess this fire burned inside of me once I heard him drop it without apologizing.

My body worked on its on, fire engulfed around my ankles as I stomped toward Gray. He was making Juvia sad. I got his attention right away, along with a bunch of unwanted snoopy attentions.

"You BASTARD!" I screamed at him. I snatched Gray up by his shirt sleeve and pulled him up so he could see I meant business. He nurvously glared back.

"She worked hard on making that ice for you! WHAT IF ONE DAY SHE FORGOT ABOUT YOU?! WOULD YOU STILL DROP HER ICE THEN?! NO YOU'D CHERISH IT LIKE IT WERE HER! NOW I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE OR EVEN FUCKING HEAR YOU MISTREAT ANYONE! AGAIN!" I prepared my first into one that's ready to punch but Juvia started sobbing.

"Please don't hurt Gray-sama on Christmas! Please Natsu!" Juvia cried out like an innocent child.

It's a real shame nobody can prevent me from hurting people!

"Sorry Juvia!" I growled and was literally 1 inch to his face when this soft delicate hand stopped it. I was familiar with it somehow. I glanced and was about to push this chick away from me when I was tapped on the shoulder lightly. I stop by dropping Gray and letting Juvia snatched him away.

Then I turn around to see this weirdo who wasn't scared of me when I was acting scary.

The floor board creaked as my heal turned and then I got a wiff of... Lucy's cent and knew who this girl was. I have two choices, walk away coolly or turn around and chew her out.