Stronger than you think

It wasn't long when Natsu and Lucy sensed a dark aura surrounding a giant building. They could still see the lights of Magnolia nearby. The guild was that close.

The group pushed through the bushes, Hiyori trailed behind them. Yato and Lucy were leading with Natsu watching over Lucy like a clingy boyfriend. He really didn't like Yato.

"What the hell is the plan?" Natsu grumbled angrily. He glared over at Yato.

Yato didn't answer and exchanged a glance at Hiyori. "The girls will wait a distance away, while Natsu and I go in," Yato said without looking at Natsu or Lucy.

Lucy gasped with an angry look,"that's not fair! Maybe I WANT to go!"

Natsu nodded, "that's a good idea. Lucy you can stay and watch Hiyori."

Lucy was taken back and angered, "why can't Natsu watch her?"

Yato and Natsu both look and stare before having Natsu say, "because I don't like children." The look of blank innocence stole his face.

Lucy puffed her cheeks angrily and turned red, "w-what if I wanted children?" Natsu turned red and shifted his look.

Yato didn't react, except for the deceiving blush that stringed across his cheeks. He shifted his eyes to look away.

Natsu struggled on his words, "w-w- uh- t-th- d-do y-you-," he silenced himself by turning even redder and slouched. Lucy kept a glare on him with blush on her cheeks.

"W-Well!" She huffed at him.

Natsu stayed silent and then Yato mumbled, "Can you not talk about this with me?"

Lucy turned a bright red and nodded, "Fine! But this isn't over! I'll watch Hiyori."

Natsu nodded and him and Yato walked off whispering about battle plans.

Lucy looked at Hiyori with a soft smile.

"You can go back to sleep if you wish?" Lucy said in a voice so soft that Hiyori was tempted to slumber but she shook her head.

"Who's Yato?" Hiyori asked lowly. She wrapped her arms around Lucy snuggling. They sat onto the grass nearby and leaned against a tree. The view of the dark guild was right in front of them.

"A god. Didn't he say?" Lucy mumbled. She didn't look at Hiyori as thoughts oh Natsu came up.

"Yeah. But, how's come I've never heard of him? Not even once?" She asked bluntly it brought a giggle to Lucy's lips.

"I don't know... ask him when we see him again," Lucy murmured. Hiyori nodded and let other thoughts to tug at her mind. There was this one thought that she couldn't resist from asking.

"Where do you think Yukine went?" Hiyori's usual peppy voice was a whisper in the night. This entire time she imagined Yato's weapon as Yukine. Yukine loved to study the names of weapons because he was so boyish like that.

Lucy gasped lightly and felt this giant wave of sadness over take her mood before she lowered her head to look at Hiyori. The young girl with the beautiful brown hair was staring off into the night.

"Maybe he's in heaven?" Lucy said in a low sigh. She didn't really want to think about these kind of things.

Heaven wasn't ever scientifically proven to exist, neither Gods existence but there's always faith. Lucy wasn't always technical with her thoughts so she believed in God.

"Maybe? Was he a bad person to you? Are you some kind of atheist?" Hiyori asked innocently with a shaky tone. She felt bad about being so pushy but she was so curious and if she didn't have curiosity, she'd have sadness.

Lucy took in a airful breath and then said, "Heaven is just an at random belief, but I do believe in it-"

"I don't." Hiyori snapped at her instantly. Then she gulped, "I did. I briefly believed in it. That moment I was with my brother I prayed to god. I prayed for safety, and for more time with my brother. I wasn't thinking much of my mother I guess. Does it look like he granted me that wish?

"He didn't even spare me my childhood. He has no existence or any power over our lives. This sadness is my own!" Hiyori cried out and Lucy couldn't- didn't understand enough to help her.

Lucy squeezed Hiyori and then said lightly, "I've seen God."

Hiyori gasped and looked up at Lucy. Her bright purple eyes glowed in shock as she asked, "Really?"

Lucy nodded and then said, "He saved me. Maybe he couldn't save your brother because there were other problems. Maybe he was even saving someone else! Someone else's brother because he believed you were the only one strong enough to deal with the pain! " Lucy's words echoed Hiyori's mind continuously.

"Me? You mean, me? Bu-but I'm not at all strong! I'M NOT!" Hiyori yelled. She could feel her heart pick up immediately.

"You're alot stronger than ya think then," Lucy said smiling down at her.

Hiyori shook her head and then wiped her own tears. She didn't understand how SHE was the strong one when she didn't fight anything.

"You'll one day see it, but Hiyori I want you to live to see that day. That's why nobody should kill or hurt themselves," Lucy said and patted Hiyori on the head lightly with a gentle closed-eyes smile.

Hiyori's eyes teared up and she burst into breaths of trying to hold back tears.
The more she cried the more time went on.

It wasn't until Lucy began to realize.
Natsu or Yato hadn't been back for a long time. This was supposed to be a quick mission.