Drinking until she's gone

Natsu's P.O.V

The next day I stayed away. How can I go to something Lucy's presence will still linger at?

"Hey Natsu!" I heard Cana yell from across the guild hall. Lucy left earlier on yesterday. I've tried to make myself hidden in the shadows but I guess Cana could still find me. I didn't even glance at her as I wave her off with my hand.

Debating either I want to stay or go home now.

I heard stumbles as footsteps suddenly got closer towards me. I knew it was Cana, and she was definitely drunk.

Then her cold as ice hand grabs my shoulder. She tugged me to look at her.

"Are you *hick* in the mood to drink?" She asked lifting a beer to her lips and licked the glass around with her tongue.

I shook my head, "I don't drink." Actually, I've never drank a single sip of beer. There were old rumors that I washed my pain of Igneel away by drinking but nopes. I've never even stayed at the guild this long, it's dark out so I'm surprised Cana didn't pass out yet.

"Aww come on~ just one sip?" She urged. I rolled my eyes and was about to walk away when she threw the glass at me. I caught it with one hand instantly.

"You could mope... or you can drink? I drink it away," she said and winked. I narrowed my eyes and then sighed.

"Just a sip. If I like it, I throw it away. If I hate it, I throw it at you," I mumbled angrily. I put the glass bottle to my lips and tilted it so I tasted the strong drink of achohol. It didn't taste GOOD it didn't taste bad tho.

Without thinking I didn't stop chugging and once the liquid was gone from there... I grabbed Cana's barrel from her and chugged it!

*
*
*

I saw stars for a few minutes. I think I was punched by a drunk but can't remember. The ceiling spun around my brain and I saw Lucy's face. She's so cute.

I burped loudly and I think she laughed but I couldn't hear over the scolding. My sentences weren't long or even stable and I slurred.

Maybe this isn't Lucy and maybe it's Cana. Lucy went to... where?
Oh yeah she went to see the doll thing... right?

Then my head slowly became unfussy and I found myself thinking about Lucy again.
"No!" I yelled and tried to grab the stars, "you can't leave me to!"

Then I dropped my weight and fell on something soft, maybe a bed, maybe a person. Right now I don't really care.

Lucy's P.O.V

Cana texted me to come over the guild quick. So I didn't hesitate to leave home in a hurry.

Once I reached my destination, everyone was fast asleep on the floor. Cana was awake though.

"Could youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, *hick* get that drunk for me? He couldn't stop once he started!" She burst into laughter and pointed at that pink haired boy. I saw he was still, slightly, awake and grabbing at things in the air? Bugs? I don't know.

"Cana!" I snap at the sleeping drunk and waved off the smell of beer that lingered around her. I won't sedition against my rules though!

I have rules. First of all, I won't sleep with any strange boy! So he's going on the couch! And second of all, I don't live in Magnolia so I don't have a place to stay. Well there is that old place I lived when I had no money... but I'm sure that's been rented out.

I guess I could try it out?

"Lushee?" A high pitched voice asked me and I smiled largely. I hung out with him during my recovery week!