13~ Justice

My whole body shook with fear. I stared up as the crowd ties the noose around Murphy's neck. 

"He's going first." Myles laughs. "I want you to see him suffer." Myles says getting in my face.

I scream through the fabric covering my mouth. Tears sting my eyes, some of them falling down my bloody cheeks. I kick my feet at Myles trying to get my point across. 

"Huh? What's that? You wanna say somethin'?" Myles laughs. "Well nobody wants to hear it."

I scream louder. How could this be happening? Murphy's about to die over something neither he nor I did. 

They tighten the noose around Murphy's neck and pull on the rope holding him, choking him slightly.

I scream, it only coming out muffled through the fabric. 

I turn my eye sight to Bellamy, who isn't even looking at Murphy, he's looking at me. Three guys are holding him back as he fights against them to get to me. My hands are tied behind my back and one guy is holding me on the ground. 

"Don't do this! Please." Murphy begs, tears threatening to spill. 

Before anyone could blink Myles kicks the box out from under Murphy and his body goes flailing in the air. I scream at the top of my lungs, my screams finally getting through the fabric for everyone to hear. Murphy's body sways back and forth as he kicks his legs around trying desperately to find a surface to place them on. 

I fight strongly against the guy holding me down, screaming and crying as I do it. 

"No! Cut him down!" Clarke, who is also being held back, screams. 

"Tatum!" Bellamy yells as he watches as I struggle. 

"Stop! Stop it!" Charlotte yells, pushing through the crowd. "Murphy or Tatum didn't kill Wells! I did!" 

"Oh, my God." Clarke mumbles before dashing forwards with an ax and cutting Murphy down.

I try desperately to move over to Murphy, wanting to help him, but the guy holding me down just shoves me further into the ground. 

I look over and see Bellamy running towards me, obviously had broken through the guys restraining him. He tackles the guy that was holding me down and shoves him to the ground, punching him repeatedly. I scream, as that's the only means of communication I have and Bellamy stops, turning to look at me. 

I shake my head vigorously as in telling him to stop. He nods and gets off the guy. He crouches down next to me and lifts the fabric from my mouth and unties my hands.

***

Bellamy wipes the cold rag on my face, trying to rid me of all the blood. I haven't said anything since he untied me. I'm in too much shock to do so. I stare straight forward, into his eyes, as he washes me up. 

He stands and turns, dropping the rag in a pale of water, then rings it out, before coming back over and running it down my neck.

"I'm so sorry." Bellamy whispers. 

I don't reply. A tear just slips down my cheek as I feel a full on sob session coming on. 

"I should have listened to you." Bellamy says, choking up. "I should have believed you." Bellamy says, his eyes glossing over. "I could've prevented this."

I reach over and wipe the tear that had fallen from his cheek, leaving my hand on his cheek. I don't say anything, but my actions say enough. I lean forward and place my lips on his. Mine are bloody and cracked, his rough but gentle. 

"Bell, it's okay." I say, speaking for the first time in over an hour. 

More tears slip from my cheeks, me not being able to control them. 

"No, it's not." Bellamy says. "I'll never forgive myself."

"If you need forgiveness, I'll give that to you." I say leaning my forehead against his.

"I should have believed you." Bellamy says. 

"You had no choice." I whisper. "There wasn't any proof that showed I didn't do it." 

"But I should have believed you. I shouldn't have questioned it for a second. I have the power to control what they do-"

"No, you don't. No matter what you do or say, when it comes to death, they will do anything." I say. "We need to go check on Charlotte, make sure Murphy hasn't gotten to her." I stand and walk towards the entrance to the tent.

"Tatum, wait." 

I stop and turn to see him right in front of me. He places his lips on mine again, this one filled with even more love than before. 

"That was not in the heat of the moment. That kiss is everything I feel for you." Bellamy whispers.