28~ The Infamous Return

I pick up a huge piece of metal and toss it to the side. I examine the things under it: ripped pieces of cloth, shattered pieces of glass, and a pink liquid. 

I stand up straighter and glance around at everyone. About two dozen of the 100 are scavenging through the remains of the drop ship that crashed last night. We've had no word from the Ark on who was on the drop ship, which worries me even more. 

"Clarke shouldn't be here." I say, turning my head to Bellamy who's standing a little ways away from me. 

"Her mom was on the ship." Bellamy says, playing with the knife in his hand. "She's looking for answers."

I shake my head and get back to work, shifting through shards of glass, trying to find anything that would be useful to us. 

"Stay sharp." Bellamy yells out to everyone. "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when."

"Bellamy," I say. "We don't have enough fire power to take on a Grounder army." 

"I know." Bellamy sighs. "Let's just hope they don't decide to hit us now."

"Clarke! Stop!" Raven's yells cuts our conversation short.

I glance over to Clarke and see her bent over the tail end of the ship, about to touch the pink liquid dripping from it.

"Rocket fuel?" Clarke asks.

"Hydrazine Highly unstable in its non-solid form." Raven explains. "If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist." She grabs a hot piece of metal and throws it into a small pile of the pink liquid. The pink liquid reacts immediately, blowing up everything within a three foot radius of it. 

Raven turns to Bellamy. "We need to clear the area."

"Ok, then." Bellamy sighs. "We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot."

"We need to get back before dark." I say.

Bellamy nods and turns, demanding everyone to pick up the pace. 

***

The second our feet hit the entrance of camp Miller is in Bellamy and I's faces, chanting about something inaudible. 

"Woah, woah, woah, Miller, settle down." Bellamy chuckles, still walking towards our tent. 

"There's something you need to know." Miller says urgently. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"Murphy's back." Miller mumbles.

"What the hell do you mean Murphy's back?" I whisper/yell.

"He's in the drop ship." 

That's all that needed saying because Bellamy immediately changes routes and stomps off towards the drop ship, his eyes ready to kill.

"Shit." I mumble, running after Bellamy into the drop ship.

"Where is he?" Bellamy growls, pushing through people.

I shove through them to stand next to Bellamy. I glance around the room and get a tact or who all's here. Finn, Raven, Clarke, Miller, Conner, Octavia, Derek, Drew, and Murphy, beaten and tortured, hugging his knees to his chest, in the corner.

"He claims he was with the Grounders." Derek says.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." Miller finishes.

"I wasn't sneaking." Murphy says, speaking for the first time. "I was running from the Grounders."

"Anyone see Grounders?" Bellamy yells. Nobody replies. "Well, in that case.." Bellamy switches the safety on his gun off and points it at Murphy.

"Hey!" I yell grabbing the end of Bellamy's gun and shoving it down, so it's pointing to the floor. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"We were clear what would happen if he came back." Bellamy growls.

Finn steps in, intervening. "If he was with the Grounders, he knows things that can help us."

"Help us?" Bellamy laughs. "We hung him!...And now we're going to kill him." Bellamy pulls the gun back up, pointing it back at Murphy. 

I take the biggest caution I knew of. I step in the way of the gun, the end of it pointing straight through my chest. 

"Tatum, get out of the way." Bellamy says, worry suddenly taking over his demeanor, it clearly bothering him that he's even pointing the gun at me. 

"No." I turn towards Murphy, my back to Bellamy, and crouch down next to him. I look into his eyes, them both almost swollen shut, and take his hand in mine. I examine it. "He's not lying."

"How do you know that?" Miller asks.

"His fingernails were torn off." I drop his hand and look into his eyes. "They tortured him."

"The Grounders know we're at war." Clarke says.

"What did you tell them about us?" Bellamy asks.

"Everything." Murphy croaks.

Bellamy physically groans. "Once he's better, we find out what he knows, and then he's out of here, ok?" Bellamy says focused more on me.

"Okay." I agree.

"What if he refuses to leave? What do we do with him then?" Drew asks.

"Then we kill him." Bellamy mumbles, storming out of the drop ship.