14~ Murphy and His Gang

"Why, Charlotte?" I ask as Bellamy, Clarke, Finn, Charlotte and I stand inside a tent.

"Bring the girl out, Bellamy!" I hear Murphy yells from outside the tent.

"I was just trying to slay my demons." Charlotte turns to Bellamy. "Like you told me."

"What the hell is she talking about?" I ask, turning to Bellamy.

"She misunderstood me." Bellamy strides over to Charlotte. "Charlotte, that is not what I meant."

"Bring the girl out now!" Another yell comes from Murphy.

"Please don't let them hurt me." Charlotte whimpers.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy says, turning to us.

"Those are your boys out there." Clarke says.

"This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall." Bellamy fires back. 

"You want to build a society, Princess?" Murphy calls. "Then lets build a society. Bring her out."

"No! Please, Tatum." Charlotte cries.

"Charlotte, look at me." I say dropping to my knees in front of her. "It's going to be okay. Just stay with them." I nod towards Clarke and Finn.

"We're stopping this." I mumble, grabbing Bellamy's wrist and dragging him out of the tent.

"Well, well, well. Look who's decided to join us." Murphy smirks.

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy says.

"Or what? What're you gonna do? Hang me?" Murphy laughs. I feel myself physically wince at the mentioning of it.

"Murphy! It's over." I say, walking towards him.

"How could you possibly say anything?" Murphy barks back. "You were next! After I was dead, you were going next." 

The next thing I know I hear a loud bang and Bellamy's on the ground, out cold. 

"What the hell?" I yell, but before I could say anything else I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and everything went black.

***

"Tatum! Tatum get up!" I hear a voice say, somewhere in the distance. "Okay, you're not gonna like this." And then instant cold water hits me like a bullet. 

"What the hell?!" I scream jumping up. My vision lands on Bellamy, holding the water pale. "What was that for?"

"I had to get you up somehow. We have no time to waste. Finn, Clarke and Charlotte are somewhere in the woods and Murphy's after them." Bellamy catches me up.

"Murphy wants blood." I mumble, standing from my spot on the ground and heading towards the exit of camp.

"I know, that's why we need to hurry." Bellamy confirms.

We run off into the woods, weapons in hand, in search for the little girl that almost got me killed a few hours ago. Sounds pretty ironic, doesn't it. My mind couldn't help but trail off to the kiss Bellamy and I shared almost an hour ago. It was simple, yes, but it was full of something no ones ever felt for me...love. I've never felt love, or even had someone feel that for me. Not my mother. My mother is the most selfish person I know, half of me is glad I got to leave the Ark..freeing me of her. 

Breaking my train of thought I see a figure running through the dark woods.

"Bellamy!" I whisper. "Over there."

Bellamy shoots off towards the running figure and grabs their arm.

"Let me go!" Charlotte fights against Bellamy.

"Hey, hey, we're trying to help you." Bellamy replies.

"Just stop helping me!" Charlotte turns to where I see multiple lit torches and different dark figures walking, "I'm over here!" Charlotte yells.

"Are you trying to get us all killed?!" I whisper/yell.

"You two, just go, okay. I'm the one they want." Charlotte says.

"Charlotte, listen to me." Bellamy says. "I won't leave you."

"Please, Bellamy." Charlotte begs, tugging on his arm. "Ah! Murphy! Over here!"

I run forward and throw my hand over her mouth, enabling her to say anything else. 

"Come on out Charlotte! Come on out." Murphy says. But it didn't sound like Murphy. Yes, Murphy and I aren't the greatest of friends, but I do know that he's not like this. He sounded malicious, even more evil than everyone thought he was. 

Bellamy chunks Charlotte over his shoulders and begins sprinting through the woods, away from Murphy and his gang. I run after Bellamy, trying to keep up. It's very hard to see outside at this time of night. I follow the sounds of Charlotte's muffled screams as I see Bellamy enter a clearing up ahead.

"Bellamy! Stop!" I yell just in time for Bellamy's feet to stop moving at the edge of a cliff.