18~ Grounder Territory

The warmth of the blankets kept me captured in my little make-shift bed for probably way too long. Luckily, no one ever really comes up this far in the drop ship so no one has really noticed my absence. 

The whole Bellamy situation is starting to really get to me. I have no idea what the whole fight means for our somewhat "relationship". Knowing him, that fight probably just ended it.

As my thoughts take over my whole being I don't notice that someone else has entered the room until I hear loud yelling.

"Tatum! What are you doing up here?" Clarke asks speed walking over towards me, worriedly.

"Sleeping." I groan. I look at her face to see concern written all over it. "What's wrong?" 

"We can't find Octavia." Clarke says.

My heart drops. "Where have you looked?" I ask, standing immediately.

"Everywhere." Clarke answers. "A search team is about to go out." 

"I'm going." I say, walking over towards the latch door and lifted it.

"I don't know." Clarke says. "Bellamy can't find one of the two most important people in his life. I don't think he's going to want to lose the other one."

I look at her for a while, my arm frozen and the door not moving, half opened. 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"He loves you, Tatum. You can't seriously tell me you can't see that." Clarke says.

"He does?" I ask.

Clarke laughs lightly. "Yes."

He loves me? How could he? When..What..How? Too many questions flood my mind, but I decide to brush them off and help find Octavia. 

I lift the door the rest of the way and climb down the ladder all the way to the bottom floor. I walk out into the night and see tons of people gathered around Bellamy, gearing up.

"Okay everybody, gather around and grab a weapon. My sisters been out there for 12 hours, alone." Bellamy announces.

I grab multiple different knives, shoving them in every place they could possibly be put on my body. I know whoever has Octavia, isn't going to give her up without a fight.

I begin walking toward the gates, ready to go, and growing impatient with Bellamy's blabbering.

"Woah, woah, woah." Bellamy says, stopping me in my tracks. "Where do you think you're going?"

I turn around to see Bellamy with his arms crossed across his chest and Clarke giving me a 'I told you so' look.

"To find Octavia." I say, harsher than I had anticipated.

"No, you're not." 

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're staying here." 

"No, I'm going to find Octavia."

"Why are you being so difficult?" Bellamy yells, his voice propelling around camp.

"Why am I being so difficult? I'm just trying to help find my friend!" I yell back. "Why won't you just let me go?"

"Because!" Bellamy's voice lowers to where I can only hear him. "I can't lose you too." 

"You're not going to lose me." I say. "And you haven't lost Octavia either."

I can see Bellamy's eyes flash from harsh back to sympathetic. I knew he was giving in before he ever did.

"Fine." Bellamy sighs. "But you're staying with me no matter what."

"Fine." I say, turning to look at Clarke and throwing fist pumps in the air. I see her chuckle, then I turn and walk with the rest of the search party out of the gates.

***

I trudge through the forest, watching carefully where I place my feet. Bellamy walks a little ways in front of me, and in front of him is Finn and Jasper. The rest of the search party are off somewhere else, looking in different places. 

I can't help myself but to feel paranoid, knowing that one of our own was captured not long ago. With every single sound I hear I grip my knife tighter. My feet fall one in front of the other as my eyes catch every glimpse of my surroundings. In this forest, you could never be sure there wasn't someone following you, waiting for the right moment to kill you. 

Suddenly this awful odor fills my nose.

"What the hell is that smell?" I ask looking  behind me, checking for people.

I don't get a response from anyone, so I turn to see what everyone is looking at. Hanging from the trees are several impaled bodies. I feel my knees give way just a little and I feel myself beginning to fall, but I catch myself just in time. 

Before anyone could say anything the rest of the search party catches up with us.

"I don't speak Grounder, but I'm pretty sure this means keep out." Finn says, looking around at the bodies.

"Let's get out of here." A guy says from behind me.

"I'm outta here."

"Yeah, me too."

"I'm out."

I glance behind me to see half the search party turning to leave.

"Go back if you want!" Bellamy yells. "My sister, my responsibility...I'd walk into hell to find her."

"I think we just did." I mumble.