30~ Epidemic

I look around the drop ship. Clarke and I standing, hovering over another person who has fallen sick as he continues to throw up more blood. Everyone else left the drop ship, gathering the ones who could possibly be infected. 

"Clarke, we need to find Octavia." I say.

She looks at me, confusion in her eyes. "Why?"

"The Grounder. He may know a cure." I say.

Clarke then smiles. "Don't worry. She left an hour ago."

I look at her, surprise taking over me. I just turn and continue to hold a wet rag to the guy's face.

"Tatum!" Bellamy's loud voice bellows from outside. I'm immediately on my feet, running out of the drop ship, with Clarke at my heels.

"What happened?" I ask running over to Bellamy. Just as I ask the question I look down at the ground in the middle of a circle of people hovering over something. In the middle of the circle is a body. "Another one?" I ask, shocked.

"Yeah, he just died. I couldn't get to him in time." Bellamy replies. "This virus is getting out of control."

I look at Clarke, hopeful that she has some kind of solution to this, but her face is blank.

"Not the state the obvious," Bellamy turns to Clarke. "Your quarantine isn't working."

"It's okay," I say. "Octavia will come back with the cure." Just as the words escape my mouth, I immediately regret them.

"Octavia will come back from where?" Bellamy says his voice full with anger. 

"We sent her to find the Grounder." Clarke answers.

"You did what?!" Bellamy screams.

"Bell," Octavia interrupts, running in between Bellamy and Clarke, out of breath. "I'm fine."

Bellamy's face relaxes but the glare he holds on Clarke never falters. 

"Did you get it?" I ask. "The cure?"

"There is no cure." Octavia answers. "But the Grounders don't use the sickness to kill."

"Really? Well, tell that to them." I point towards the dead body of one of our very own people lying a few feet away.

"I warned you about not seeing that Grounder again." Bellamy says, walking closer to Octavia.

"Yeah? Well, I have a warning for you too." Octavia says, standing her ground. "The Grounders are coming and they're attacking at first light."

My eyes grow big as I turn to Bellamy, looking for answers.

"Tatum." Clarke says, her voice sounding concerning.

"What?" I ask.

"Your eyes, they're bleeding." 

I reach up to touch my cheek. I glance down at my fingertips and see blood running from them.

"Get her inside." Clarke orders.

Bellamy lurches forward, ready to carry me. 

"Bellamy, no, you'll get sick." I say, trying to make him stop.

"I don't care." Bellamy replies, grabbing me and carrying me bridal style into the drop ship. Bellamy carefully sets me down in a makeshift cot and walks over to get me a cold rag.

"Bellamy, you need to go." I groan, my voice coming out as just a whisper. "You need to help our people."

"I need to be here with you." He argues.

"Please." I beg.

Bellamy stares at me for a while. He places the cool rag on my forehead before leaning in and kissing me cheek. He smiles down at me before turning and walking out of the drop ship.

"Thank God that loser's gone." Murphy chuckles walking over to me.

I ignore his rude comment. "I see you're feeling better."

"Much better. I think the virus only lasts a couple of days." Murphy takes the rag and turns it over, making sure to keep the coolest side of it pressed against my forehead. 

"The Grounders are coming." I say. "They're doing this to weaken us. They know that if we're too weak we won't be able to defend ourselves."

"Shh." Murphy quiets me. "You don't need to worry about that. Get some sleep." Murphy grabs the rag off my forehead and takes it over to the pail of water, dipping it in and bringing it back to me. He not only places it on my forehead but he covers my eyes as well. 

Sleep takes over me as I feel the sickness begin to ware me down.

***

"Tatum!" A very excited voice shouts as I slowly lift myself up and out of the deep sleep. 

"How're you feeling?" Octavia asks, scrambling over to me. 

"Better." I answer. I look around and notice something different. Everyone seems more relaxed. "What happened while I was out."

"A lot." Bellamy mumbles walking over to me. "I got sick."

"You got sick?!" I exclaim. "I knew I shouldn't have let you be around me that much."

"Since I got sick we had to send Jasper out to set the bomb off on the bridge." Bellamy continues.

"Woah, woah, woah. Bomb? Bridge?" I say, concerned that I didn't know any of this information. "How long was I out for?"

"Two days." Octavia answers. 

"Two?!" 

"Anyway..." Bellamy says, continuing the story. "Raven ended up taking the bomb early, thinking she could set it off herself." Bellamy glances at Raven who is sitting in the corner of the drop ship, puking up blood. "Finn and Jasper ran after Raven, trying to help her. They found her in the middle of the bridge still trying to build up the bomb. Finn went after her and got her away just in time for Jasper to make the shot."

"So? Did it work?" I ask.

"Hell yeah." Jasper smiles, walking over to us. "Killed like hundreds of the Grounders."

"I wouldn't say hundreds." Bellamy mumbles, jealousy slightly forming in his eyes.