Chapter Eight~A Ghost in my own Home

Dedicated to srf13579 for being an amazing fan and friend. Great Modivation!!!

Vote!

Comment!

Enjoy!

<3M

***

"Stark-raving mad i am for letting you come in here alone! You could've been killed! I swear i would've come in after you if i'd known how! BONKERS! I am completely bonkers! I knew my sister was a bit off but ME! I'm completely MENTAL! I should be locked up!" Gata shouted as she checked to make sure Miri was alive and well and nothing was wrong with her. She kept on ranting until Miri had to assure her she was alright. Albus stood in the wake of Gata, watching them. He had a blank face on and his eyes were unreadable.

"Good HEAVENS! What is this?" Gata screamed, jolting up Miri's arm so she could examine it.

"It's a scar from when i was eight. Relax, I'm not hurt." Miri said reassuringly pulling her arm back down slowly.

"Im sorry, chicet. I'm just so worried. You remind me so much of your father, very daring." Gata said to Miri, gathering her in another hug.

Daring? I'm such a coward, what is she saying? Miri thought to herself. Gata pulled back and studied Miri with a hard eye.

"Don't ever convince me to let you do anything like that again. Do you understand me?" she said sternly.

"Yes." Miri said, feeling homesick. Gata sounded just like her mother, or Mrs. Wetherford would sound when Miri did something bad. A pang of saddness hit her but she pushed it away. She didn't want to think of her home or David or Mrs. Prewitt.

"Now i guess the question is, what will you do now, Miss Gata Prewitt? And you Miriella Black." Albus said. Gata turned to face Albus and glanced at Miri from the corner of her eye.

"Well, i don't live far away. I can stay there but i do want to be close to Miri, it's my responsibility to take care of her." Gata said. Miri felt surprised at her saying this. She hadn't known her for long yet there was a connection.

"I understand. What i must tell you is that the Weasley children and Mrs. Granger and Mr. Potter will be attending Hogwarts School in a short amount of time. I happen to know Miriella, you've never attended our school." Albus said facing Miri. She nodded.

"My parents never wanted me to go. I never knew why. Mrs. Prewitt, Gata's sister tutored me." Miri explained. Albus stared at her.

"Hmm. Well then, since Gata, you don't seem to keen on leaving her, i would like you to house Miriella for the time being, when the time comes for the students to return to Hogwarts, I will remind you Miriella that there is still a spot for you." he said. Miri glanced at Gata, "Now i must be off. Mrs. Weasley would like you to know she would love to have you stay for the day. She loves new people. Good day." and with that, he wisked away out the door.

"Oh hello! My name is Molly Weasley. Please do call me Molly. Make yourself at home. Would you like some tea?" Molly said rushing into the kitchen. Gata didn't look in the least bit startled like Miri.

"Oh yes please, thank you. I'm Gata Prewitt." Gata said holding out a hand which Molly shook, both her hands on Gata's one hand.

"Pleasure." Molly beamed. Ablus was right. She loved guests, "Here sit down. Now where do you come from?" Gata sat at the kitchen table facing Molly. Molly came over with two cups of tea and gave one to Gata.

"Miriella, dear, would you like to go and talk to the other kids?" Molly asked Miri. Miri shrugged, and looked over at the hallway.

"Why don't you go explore dear." Molly offered instead. Miri nodded, smiling slightly and left the kitchen. The hallway was dark. Dust covered most of the carpet and she could see multiple footprints, even footprints that weren't human. Miri desided not to dwell on that too much. Pictures on the wall had strangers in them. They moved, but none of them smiled. One was a boy with long messy black hair standing next to a younger looking boy with shorter, curly black hair. The older boy would nudge the younger one or flick his head but the younger boy would only narrow his eyes and ignore him. Behind them stood two grave looking adults. One mean looking woman and a dark and empty man. Both with black hair. Miri moved on from picture to picture.