Chapter 12~Nothing, Nothing At All

Hello, lovies! I'm going to dedicate this chappie to xSiriuslyPadfoot because she was so enthusiastic about me updating after I hadn't for so long AND she was the first one to comment! Thanks so much, girly! And without furthur adue, the twelth chapter!

***

"Ravenclaw? How'd you spring that one?" Ron asked. He and Harry were waiting for Miri outside of Dumbledore's office.

"Spring it? Ron she's not stupid if that's what you were implying." Harry retorted. 

"I was implying nothin'. Only that she must be real clever to be in that house." Ron said. Harry ignored him.

"So what happened? What did they talk to you about?" Harry asked.

"Ehrm, well . . ."

Flashback

"Miriella, please sit down." Professor Dumbledore said. Miri nodded, timidly taking a seat in front of all the intimidating teachers. A few of them shared glances; nervous looks even. They looked almost unsure about Miri. 

"Miriella, this is Professor McGonnagall. She teaches Transfiguration and is the Head of House for Gryffendor." Professor Dumbledore said pointing to the Lady Miri had seen before. Professor McGonnagall gave her a small nod while keeping her proud posture.

"Here we have Professor Snape who teaches Potions in the Dungeons and is the Head of House for Slytherin." he continued. Miri glanced up at the man she saw in the dining hall earlier. He had a small sneer that never left his face and his swallow eyes bore into Miri's making her look down. Professor introduced the rest of them; Professor Sprout, Professor Pomfrey, Professor Flitwick, etc. 

"Now Miriella, I'm sure you know of the houses we have here at Hogwarts. Slytherin, for their cunning nature, Gryffendor, for bravery and chivalry..."

'Not getting into that house, Miri thought sourly.'

"Ravenclaw, for wits and cleverness, and lastly Hufflepuff, for kindness. Every student here is sorted into one of these four houses. A hat will be placed upon your head. It will read your character, in a sense, then place you into a house that bests fits you." Miri nodded, listening. Someone came back, Miri couldn't remember who, carrying a scuffed up old brown witch's hat. The woman came over to Miri with the hat.

"May I?" she asked. Miri nodded, feeling slightly nervous. 

'What if it doesn't think I belong to any of the houses?'

Once the hat was placed on her head, she heard it talk. And it scared the living daylights out of her.

"Fresh! New mind, ahh yes. Quite a tender girl, I see. Oh but very clever, clever indeed. Quick thinker, you are. Bravery? A bit, yes, but not at all sneaky, no. Easy pickin's this time, Ravenclaw." it said finally. 

'Smart?'

"Good, good." He said before the lady took the hat off of Miri's head.

"Excuse me, Professor, but are you sure it is quite fit to let her in the school?" Professor Snape asked. Miri's throat starting closing in on her.

'I guess they finally realized I probably don't belong.' Miri thought glumbly. A few other Professors gave Snape a look.

"Why do you seem not to agree, Professor Snape?" Dumbledore asked. Something in his eyes made him look a bit annoyed.

"Well, if she is anything like her family, do you think it's rather smart to have her here?" Snape responded. Miri felt her shoulders sag. Hadn't he been one of the people at that old house at Grimmauld Place? Hadn't he seen Sirius Black, her family member? Miri felt confused and a bit defeated. The Professors seemed to become a bit skeptical, looking at Miri in a different light. Could she be dangerous like all of her relatives?