Chapter Ten~The Letter, The Bunny, And The Visitor

This chapter is dedicaded to kodykatt because of her friendly and motivational comments! Thanks girly! Also i wanted to say that i want to dedicate a chapter to someone new every upload so for those of you i dedicated to, i'm sorry! I just really want to give other people a dedication!

Vote!

Comment!

Enjoy!

<3 M

***

Dear Miriella Canis Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term starts September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31. 

Sincerely,

Minerva McGonnagal

Deputy Headmistress 

Miri read her letter out loud to Gata who was scrubbing down a coat rack in a bucket. They were upstairs in the bathroom. Gata had a huge bronze colored bucket next to the sink with a six foot coat rack standing awkwardly in it. She had a big yellow sponge and was scrubbing down the copper metal with soapy water. Miri had tried to tell Gata that copper turned green over time due to oxygen and water but Gata just kept on scrubbing.

"That's wonderful, chicet, i think it would be a great idea for you to go." Gata said while trying to clean the top part of the rack. Miri sat on the stepping stool by the bathtub, rereading the letter.

"I'm not sure, Gata. There must have been a reason that i hadn't gone before." she stated. 

"Well of course there was a reason. Everything has a reason. But there is also a reason why you've gotten the letter now." Gata explained. Soap bubbles decorated her gray quarter sleeve shirt and yoga pants. Gata's eyes were a glassy pale green, almost like a cat's. 

"I mean it would be nice to learn some new material and in a classroom but, i dunno, it feels weird." Miri said, her right leg bouncing nervously. 

"I think you should go. You do not have to stay, giving any circumstances and i'm sure it's a great way to meet people. You've been cut off from your peers for a while. You might even meet a boy." Gata said. Water sloshed on the ground as Gata lifted the coat rack out of the bucket. She took a gray towel and started drying off the rack. Miri blushed at the boy comment. 

"I dunno, i just feel very nervous, almost queasy. And i-i feel very anxious right now." Miri said, tearing her eyes from the letter and to Gata. Gata stood with her hands on her hips, studying the coat rack. Then, just like the first time Miri met her, Gata's eyes zoned out and she looked like she was watching something while staring at nothing. Her expression turned from normal to skeptical. Without warning, she had her wand pulled out and her hand covering Miri's mouth. Tilting her head, Gata listened. Miri couldn't hear anything but pulled her wand out of her boot out of caution.

"Chicet, i want you to think of what i taught you, concentrate and focus, then tell me what you hear." Gata whispered into Miri's ear. Her hand left her mouth but her posture was careful. Miri, not knowing what was going on, tried to get some information.

"Gata-"

"Shh! Tell me! Focus and listen then describe!" Gata's hushed but force full whisper made Miri shut her mouth. She looked tentatively at Gata before shutting her eyes and listening. She sat there a minute, not understanding one bit.