Chapter 6: Math Major Over Reaction

{ e d i t e d }

Y/N's POV

I set aside the fabric of the curtains. I catch the view outside of our transparent window. It's 7:42 am. The bus usually arrives at the house at 7:45 am. I've done my morning routine to get me ready for school. I calmly lay back on the couch as I replace the curtains. "The bus will arrive soon." I tell myself.

"What about a sensible conversation before leaving?" The voice of my brother, Dylan, pops. He sits beside me and positions his legs into a four. "Hey, Dylan." I say, leering.

"Hey, Y/N. How's everything in school?" He questions. The first thing that I think of when I hear school is Marco. Speaking of which, just added me yesterday. It was a great day for me. So far, everything is going smooth.

"School is wonderful. Despite the school works, I've made lots of amazing people. However, they're too much of a crowd." I lightly let out a small chuckle. "So, you're still the Queen Bee after all this time?" He ridicules.

I look at the ground, "Well, I don't wanna be. Anymore." I mumble.

Being the way it was is so frustrating for me. Socializing is...fun, however drama is never avoided when it gets to it. I'll confess, it was pretty rough during my last. I didn't expect anyone to like me on the first day.

The attention I had last time was good enough.

The wheels of the bus screeches at my front door. It was time to go. I grab my back and throw it at my back. "I should get going. Nice talk." I smile as I leave the house.

"Bye." I hear his fading voice.

Before I could even step in the bus. I inhale deeply since, I already know what's going to happen. I get in the bus and in 3-

"OMG Y/N! I have something I really need to tell you!"

And there goes the first one. I didn't even get to finish my counting. I smile weakly.

"Y/N, sit here!"

"No way! Y/N's not sitting with any trash."

"Did you just call me trash?!"

"Everyone shut the hell up! She decides where to sit!"

It's a riot in the school bus. I just want to sit and go in peace.

"HUSH DOWN EVERYONE!" The bus driver shouts.

I smile at him and whisper, "Thank you, good sir."

He nods. Without any hesitation, I gladly take a seat I spotted from the back. I comfortably sit down. There was someone beside me but I didn't bother to see who it was. I want it peace and quiet.

The bus smoothly drives towards the school with a few stops to pick up other students. Chattery noises fill the entire bus but it didn't annoy me in any way since I've got my own world. Well, that's until...

"Earth to Y/N?"

A beckoning voice snaps me out of my thoughts, "Huh?" I turn to reveal a brownish stray of hair. I suddenly tense up, "O-Oh, Marco. It's you," I say, embarrassed. He's my seatmate all this time?

"Yeah, I just thought you needed a little call-out since you've spaced out for like, 5 minutes." He states in concern. I smile awkwardly, "Haha, yeah. I was thinking...of stuff." I tuck a lock of hair behind my ear as I slowly lose contact.

I notice that Star wasn't with him, "Where's Star? Aren't you like, together all the time?" I interrogate.

For some reason, he looks stiff. "Uhh, Star? U-Um, well, she's... er-"