Chapter 10: Operation Occasion (1)

{ e d i t e d }

Y/N's POV

"I've heard you cheated. Is it true?" Principal Skeeves questions, laying a suspicious look on me. "No, I didn't." I answer, sounding believable. I am more than a hundred percent honest that I didn't.

It doesn't sound believable to him though, "I know a student lying when I see one."

Psh, when-I-see-one my ass. I'm trying to convince that I didn't. I don't even know how those shit paper got into my hands. He eyes me, I try to remain calm and breathe. He leans back and takes off his glasses to wipe it.

"Y/N, you're an outstanding student. I want to believe you but, the teacher herself saw what you did and it really explains itself," He sighs. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I have no choice but to suspend you for a we-"

"That won't be necessary, sir." A familiar voice intersects and it matches the voice of someone I haven't seen or hear from the last few days.

Principal Skeeves places his glasses on. "And why is that?"

I couldn't help but turn my head to reveal the face of,

"Because I've got proof."

Lucas.

| 10 MINUTES LATER |

"...and that's all you need to know." He ends. Apparently, he satisfied the principal with his defend. I was impressed too. He'd be fit for a lawyer someday.

Principal Skeeves nods shortly, "I see. Well, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Y/N. You are free to go."

Yes! Finally, about time!

"Thank you!" I say as I bring my bag and stand up. Shoulder-to-shoulder with Lucas. I smile at him, he smiles back.

"Ey, Lucas." I whisper. "Yes, damsel in distress?" He winks. I roll my eyes and take a deep breath.

"You're fit to be a lawyer." I comment. He chuckles, "I was expecting more of a 'thank you' than an opinion."

We both laugh. I open the door knob to freedom. "Please, let me." Lucas offers, opening the door. I cross my arms and smirk, "Who are you? And what have you done with Lucas?"

He giggles, "Just trying to be nice."

As we leave the principal's office we head to the school's front yard. But as we did, I had a feeling someone is following us. Every second I look back, all I see are non-living things. No person insight.

I ignore that feeling and walk with Lucas. Class has ended and the last minute I spend in this school today was in the principal's office.

"So, about the occasion." I start. "Oh yeah, my dad and mom are coming. They're excited to see you." He informed. "Tell them I'm excited to see them too." I dimple.

"Wear something occasional and neat. Be decorous. Look expensive." I tease.

"I know how occasions work, damsel." He teases back. I lightly give him a little push with my arm. "Liplop."

"Can you not remind me? It's humiliating." He whines as I chuckle.

As we were going unto our own separate ways, I remember something I should tell him. "Oh, wait!" I call out. He turns to me, "Yes, Y/N?"

I think for a moment and pause. "A-And, uh... Marco's going to be there." I say, slightly blushing. He smirks and crosses his arms, "Y/N... where is this thing going?" He raises a brow.