Chapter 23: Her View

Y/N's POV

"Y/NNNN! Can you please fix my bed for me?" Dylan calls out.

It's exactly seven in the morning. I just got out of my room and what I got was bossy orders from my older brother. "No." I waste no words. I walk pass by him with my nose up in the air.

"Aw, come on, little sis! In exchange, I'll give you like, $10 if you do." He bribes. I sigh, hinting a slight amount of groan. "Still no." I confirm.

"Really? I would do it for $10 if I were you." He proclaims as he raises a brow in question of my final decision. I glare at him. "Then give yourself $10 and go fix it yourself, you indolent, commanding parasite!" I snap, ending the conversation.

I go down stairs to land myself on the dining table, ready for breakfast. It is a Monday after all. I need to be early to catch up with the bus or maybe not since buses don't wait for you. Dylan soon arrives at the table, thinking about what I said.

He then clicks his finger and points it at me with a nod, "Good point."

"I thought you were so clever." I mockingly say.

"Your attempt of mockery doesn't work on me, Y/N. Plus, I have free-will to be stupid for once. It feels tingly." He says.

Something feels unusual. It's something that doesn't really belong in this scene. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat well!" Mom places a plate filled with eggs and bacon. So common.

It disturbs me to feel like something is a bit off right about now. "Both of you should go and hurry now! We don't wanna be late for school now, don't we?" Mom cheerfully exclaims.

Wait, 'we'? But I'm the only one who gets to go to school in this family. Hold on just a second. I widen my eyes, staring at Dylan who was smirking his cheeks off. My mouth dangles open.

"Guess who's going to ECA," He puts on a playful tone. Then, he points to himself, "This guy!"

I swift my attention to both of my parents, in a gesture, I ask them if it's true. Dad sits up straight on his chair and pin-points his shoulders shortly. "It's his decision." Mom nods in agreement, "Dylan's entering ECA."

I was a loss of words at the moment. "What? Why?!" I blurt like it was a bad thing-which possibly is. "Whoa, take it easy, Y/N. Why so shocked?"

"Well, who wouldn't be?! You're not even required to go to school anymore! Heck, why do you even want to go to school?!" I scream. "No shouting in the table please." Mom reminds. I behave and close my mouth.

Dylan shrugs. "Nothing. I just want to know how it feels like to be an average 17-year-old and ride the bus." He says in sarcasm. It's obviously sarcasm. He doesn't want to learn, be an average seventeen year old or ride the bus. He just wants to have fun by mocking people using his big old brain and be popular. Curse his intelligence!

"That's not true. You only want to show off people how smart you are and be famous for being like it-and maybe humiliate me." I whisper the last part.

"Y/N, you're overreacting," Mom sighs. Dad flicks the newspaper open. "Just let him be. Besides, we already talked about his limitations last night while you were pirouetting to your room like some sort of love sick hipster." He tries not to wheeze in laughter. They all did.

I almost spit out the water I drank but I end up choking while they laugh. Once I got back my vocals, I shout in denial. "I was NOT pirouetting like some sort of love sick hipster! What the hell, Dad?!"

"But you did! After your date with Marco Ubaldo Diaz! You always talk about him to yourself and blush at your own illusions!" He insists, making each and every word count.