Chapter 8: A Family, A Special Guest

{ e d i t e d }

Marco's POV

"What?! He's going to be there too?" Yusi has been going on about Lucas coming to Y/N's event and how things are going to be ruined for me. "This means war!"

I close my locker and pass through her. I don't want to hear any of her child-talk.

Yeah, of course. Lucas is going to be there but, there's no harm if he is. Is there? I hope things don't get out of hand when I do get to it since it would be humiliating. I mean, I'll admit, I do like Y/N and she did say it was really important to her, it was special.

In that case, I'm not only doing this for myself, but for her too.

I smash my hands into my hoodie, still ignoring Yusi.

"Marco, you really have to tempo things up." And Janna.

"You need help, Diaz." Make that three.

I roll my eyes at them and proceed to walk forward to my next class. I hear Yusi sigh and stop to face Jackie and Janna. "I'll take care of this. You two go ahead." I hear her say.

She runs towards me to walk by my side. "Can't you also go ahead?" I sarcastically say. "We're in the same class, Marco." She points out. Oh, she is? I keep quiet.

I groan, not again. "Sorry, you're just unlucky. But, you're lucky to have me!" She arrogantly refers to herself. "Oh, really? How lucky? About a negative one?" Once, again, sarcasm.

She sighs, putting her hands at the back while she stares at the ground. She blocks my way, making me halt. "Look, I wanna help you. I know it doesn't seem much of a help but, I'm trying. I just want Y/N to be happy." She explains.

I sigh. I guess I am a little hard on her. I should at least give her proper attention. I cross my arms, "Okay, sorry. I'll give you a chance on this one." I declare.

Her face lights up in glee. "I won't disappoint!"

"But, you're not even invited, remember?" I remind her. She opens her mouth to speak, but stop. "Umm, no." She laughs it off. Wow, I kinda feel bad for her. All the things she's done for me-oh wait, technically dedicated all to Y/N.

"Pffft! I don't need an invitation. I've got my resources." And something tells me it's something at the very least, illegal. Nevermind, I need to trust her on this. "Believe me, Marco. I really want to help you and give Y/N what's best. I'll be there by both of your side whenever you both need my support. I've got your back." She sounds... so sincere.

I never thought she'd be such an inspiring person. I'm speechless. I've treated her all wrong and she's still here to help. I smile, "Yusi,"

I pause for a moment to sincerely say,

"Thank you."

Perhaps, all we need is a friend.

Jackie's POV

"Look, you guys. I'm not sure if what we're doing is right. Why did we even agree to it?" I say, strolling across the room. I don't know the first reason why we even agree to it.

"Because, we didn't know it was Y/N?" Janna recalls, sarcastically bouncing her right arm open. "Even if we didn't know it was her, it is seriously NOT cool to agree to that kind of deal." I reason out, crossing my arms.

Janna stands up from her seat and lays her hand on her hip. "Well, sorry for not thinking straight. The prize was just too valuable."

I breathe in, running my hands through my hair. "But, why Y/N? Seriously, it'd be much better if he was referring to Britney. That wouldn't be a problem but Y/N? Are you kidding me? She's a rad girl."