Son

After what seems like an eternity of isolation with Romeo I had almost forgotten what it was like to worry about appearance. Surely I couldn't go and meet my parents dressed in blood stained cloth, but it seemed strange for me to get all dolled up for the people who have me away.

Heading back to my room I picked through my closet, or rather destroyed. Any garment I decided against would simply wind up on the floor. Working in a factory didn't exactly call for dresses or skirts but I did manage to go out every now and then. When I did I'd wear a simple top and leggings or denim. Perhaps a simple top wasn't ideal either.

I kept picking through, pulling out piece after piece of useless garment after useless garment until I came across a white tunic. It was slightly sheer with a Chelsea collar decorating the slightly deep V neckline. It was a high low hem that's longest length in the back reached just bellow my butt. The entire piece was button up with matching ivory colored buttons and sleeves that when cuffed came down three quarters of the way.

And the best part? White... But no blood stains. Something tells me dirty red splotches would not make the best first impression... Or rather second.

Leggings may be casual but they seem to fit almost any occasion so I threw on a non ripped pair as well as the white tunic over a plain white camisole. Pair that with some combat boots and lace lined socks that peek out over the shoes and I'd say I was a pretty innocent looking, cliché daughter.

I came out to see Romeo waiting for me. I nearly fainted. There was the boy that I had spent months upon months seeing in a tattered T shirt and sweat pants, dressed in dark washed denim and a black dress shirt.

"Quite the look you've got there." He said as he smiled.

"I could say the same thing about you." I countered. Never managing to break my eyes away from the back wall in fear of embarrassing myself.

"Are you ready?"

..........

We walked slowly, so incredibly slow that it was nearly painful, down the street. It was dark now, nearly midnight. It was too risky to go out during the day. I stalked behind Romeo, each step echoing off the empty streets. I could see it. Just up ahead. A small house, nearly covered in vines. It felt... Safe. I think at least, I hadn't felt that in a long, long time.

Three steps away...
What if they don't want me?
Two..
What if they gave me up for a reason?
One.
No they have to love me, it was a mistake.

Romeo knocked, and we heard rustling around the home. The door creeped open to a cautious looking man.
Dad
And a women creeped into view as she eased herself closer to the door.
Mom
Her eyes sparkled, they looked like mine. Her lips turning into a quivering line, then a smile. She opened her arms, came in for a hug...

But it wasn't me she embraced.

"You're finally home..." She whispered through trembling lips into Romeo's chest.