5

Danae POV

**I woke up out of my sleep and felt strong arms around my waist. I was real confused for a minute then I remembered Keenon came back over last night. I didn't know what to do or how to feel. I didn't even know if I was mad anymore....I was just confused over all. I got out of his grip and went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After that I went downstairs and saw Dre on the couch watching Gravity Falls, as usual. He was always the first one up. I kissed his forehead and went to the kitchen and made him some waffles and hash browns. Other than cereal that is all that boy would eat for breakfast. He came and sat at the table and I sat across from his eating fruit and yogurt. It was quiet for a while until he broke it.

Dre: Mom

Danae: Hmm?(looking at her phone)

Dre: I saw you and Daddy sleeping.

Danae: (looks up at him) Mhm.

Dre: Does this mean we're a family again?

Danae: Dre we're a family anyway. Wherever you and I are is our family. Okay?

Dre: (nods his head) Okay...But is Daddy going to be here more?

Danae: I don't know baby. When Daddy wakes up you can go and ask him.

Dre: Okay.(shrugs and finishes eating)

I turned my attention back to my phone and in some way I kind of felt guilty. I didn't want my kids to be confused or wonder why their Mom keeps going back and forth. Dre finished eating and so did I so I put our stuff in the sink and started straightening up the kitchen. When I got down wiping down the counters I saw Keenon holding Hazel, walking down the stairs. He tickling her and she just thought it was the funniest thing in the world. He sat her down on the counter and grabbed my waist pulling me to him. I kept replaying what Dre said at the table earlier and I moved his hands and backed up a little. He looked both confused and frustrated with me but I just had a lot to think about.

Keenon: (getting Hazel off the counter) Danae I'm going to need you to stop with these games.

Danae: (sighs) What games?

Keenon: Your games. You didn't have a problem when we were all up on each other in bed but now you acting real brand new.

Danae: Keenon I'm not acting brand new. I just have some things to think about...

Keenon: Like what?!

Danae: Everything! You, me, Dre, Hazel!

Keenon: Danae just be with me already! You obviously want to be with me! And I obviously want to be with you!

Danae: Keenon I can't keep going back and forth!

Keenon: Fuck you mean?!

Danae: Keenon I don't want my kids seeing me go back and forth between guys!

Keenon: Danae you won't be going back and forth! You'll be with me and only me!

Danae: Keenon you've said this before and look at where we are now! Still trying to get our shit together!

Keenon: Gahdamn it Danae!!(raises his hand to hit her)

Dre: No!! You don't hit my Mom!!

Danae: (goes and grabs Dre) Shhh...Go to your room and take Hazel with you... Okay?

Dre: (hugs her neck tight) Daddy is mean...

Danae: Just go to your room baby and I'll call you back down to say bye to him.

Dre: (grabs Hazel's hand and walks upstairs)

Danae: (walks back to the kitchen) Is that what you wanted? Your son doesn't look at you the same. You want him to see you hit me again? Keenon you have major issues and I don't know how you're going to get them fixed but I'm going to need to to find out how before you even step foot in my house again. Go say goodbye to Dre and Hazel and leave.