Chapter 1

Chapter One

I woke up on a lovely Monday morning, and I sprang out of bed; happy to get on with the day.

If only that would happen.

I am not a morning person, so when my alarm decided to make an appearance and pull me out of my happy place, I groaned and shut it off. It went off two more times before I picked it up and threw it across the room. That would be the third one this month.

I decided that I was not going to work today, and my bosses could suck it up and deal with it, well at least I didn't plan on going until my oh so charming brother barged into my room.

"Brylee Maria Acosta, get your ass out of bed"

"Fuck off" I groaned and turned, knowing that I would have no choice now, but I decided to try anyway.

"You're going to get fired" I snorted in an non ladylike fashion

"Right"

"I'm serious"

"Then who else would keep you and chase organized. Without me you guys wouldn't function" idiots, their organization is horrid. I would hate to see what his house would look like if he was single.

"I'll get a new secretary"

"Yeah, because that's all I do. They wouldn't do your slave labor. And plus, with no job, I'll have no money and I'll just have to move in with you."

"The buildings paid off"

"Right, so why am I working again?" I asked

"Currently you're not" he pointed out, and then brought in the secret weapon

"Aunt Bry Bry!" Two little bodies jumped on my bed and I groaned and glared at my twin. He just smirked because he knew he won.

"Okay monsters, go get your daddy so I can get up and get ready for work" I got up and went to the shower. I was going to take my own sweet time with it.

Thirty minutes later I got out and picked a waist high skirt and white blouse with a black jacket, I slid into my red heels and sat down to do my hair and make up.

"Damn it Lee, hurry up!"

"Sorry, make-up and hair time, could take a while" I usually took about twenty minutes to shower and get ready, so he knows what I'm doing.

"Monica's birthday's tonight" he walked in and sat on my bed

"I know. Have you got a babysitter for the monsters?" I asked

"Yeah, so be there at like seven" we were going to a club tonight. Monica is my twin Riley's wife. They were together in high school, and they got married at seventeen. Their twins, which I call the monsters, who I love to death, are six. Monica was pregnant at sixteen, but they made it through.

"Okay" I shrugged

"And cover up, I don't need you half naked while the bar checks you out"

"Ri, I'm twenty three, I think I can dress myself" I rolled my eyes.

Riley and I were extremely close. After our parents died when we were nineteen, he was all I had. Well and Monica and the twins, but we had no other biological family.

"You ready yet?" he asked and I nodded, and we left to work together.

I walked into my office in between Chase and Riley's and got to work.

"Looking sexy as hell today Lee" someone whispered in my ear and I spun around and glared at him. I was used to this by now though, Chase had been Riley's best friend since elementary school, and he's always been a pain in the ass.