Chapter 6

Chapter Six

I numbly walked from the elevator and went home. The guilt was consuming me, but I tried to push it from my mind.

But in bed at night is where there are no distractions and the silence was horribly loud and all consuming. The guilt seeped into my thoughts and I replayed today over and over again and just felt confused.

That look on his face when I told him it was all just a string of mistakes, his face went from angry and determined to just completely crushed. His face fell and he opened his mouth to say something, but it didn't seem like anything would come out, and I watched as his lips moved to form my name before the doors closed.

And god his eyes, that was the worst part. those beautiful brown eyes that for the past fifteen years I knew to hold mischief and humor were sad and dull. I hated that I did this too him. But I didn't know why!

At this point I was frustrated. I knew how he was, how he's always been. He didn't care about any girl he slept with, I was just a good fuck to him, nothing more, and he's mad that he has to work for it.

But why? I've only been with two guys, they were horrible and I have next to no experience, so I don't know why he insists on being with me when he could have any girl. He was sexy as hell.

His naturally tanned skin was just a turn on, his eyes were amazing, his brown shaggy yet short hair was perfect for him and the light stubble on his face that lightly scratched my thigh while he-

I pushed that away, I didn't want to think about that now, I could already feel my body getting hot.

I just didn't understand, he could get almost any girl he wanted! What was so special about me? Nothing. Maybe he liked the thrill of it since I'm his best friend's sister. Maybe I was just a conquest since I've been turning him down since I was sixteen.

I huffed in frustration.

At the time his possessiveness was turning me on to no end, but now I just feel pissed off. What the hell is his problem? He doesn't own me, I don't belong to him. The sex may be great but he's crossing a line. He has no right to be angry at me for being with another man, none.

I'm not his girlfriend or his wife. I'm young and single and can do whatever I damn well please.

And it pissed me off the way he pushed me when I say no, any normal freaking guy would back off but no, he just gets more aggressive and pushes me, and I hate that he knows that I don't really want to say no. I mean I do, but I don't. My body and mind seem to be completely separate around him.

I pushed it all away and focused on sleep, this was going to be one long horrible week.

*******************************

I walked into the office the next day with coffee and brought Riley his and then went to Chase's office with his. I shut and locked the door before turning to glare at him, which he returned.

"Why are you here?" he asked

"I brought you're coffee" I started

"Then set it down and leave." I just stood there and stared, he was being so cold and I didn't exactly blame him, but it just pissed me off more. I brought it to my lips and took a drink

"Maybe I'll keep it is you're going to be an asshole" I put my hand on my hip and took another drink.

"Fine, get out and so organize something or just sit there and look pretty" oh hell no.

"Last time I checked, you actually work for me."

"Who's office is this?" he smirked

"Well if you got fired it could be mine" I threatened. I know it was a bitch move, but I couldn't stand that smirk. I knew more about this damn company then they did.