Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

After I called Rochelle I felt a little better, but I just couldn't wait to get out of there, I was back to avoiding Chase, and I knew he was watching me from time to time. Sometimes it was just a glance, or looking at me out of the corner of his eye, but others he was bluntly staring. But I guess I was doing the same thing.

He was making me nervous though, and I wasn't the only one noticing the new change in behavior from both of us, which I figured out when my twin called me to his office.

"Shut the door B" he said as soon as I walked in, and when I turned around he was leaning against the desk with his arms crossed. I would have laughed at how serious he looked, but I knew what this was about, and that he wasn't going to let it go. I had to come up with a lie, and fast.

"So, how are you doing" he asked innocently but I wasn't having that. I crossed my arms and gave him a look saying I was not buying what he was trying to sell.

"And you had to disrupt my work to ask instead of asking at home?" I raised a brow and he frowned

"Can't I just talk to my twin?"

"Sure you can little brother, but what do you really want?" I asked. He hated when I called him little brother. He wishes he was born first.

"What's up with you and Chase now?" he asked

"Nothing" I went on the defensive.

"Really, he keeps staring at you like a lost puppy whose owner just drop kicked him out of the house"

"Really, I haven't noticed" I said, and I hadn't I knew he was looking at me a lot, but I highly doubt he looked like a lost puppy.

"Cut the shit. What's going on?" he asked. And this is where a lie would be great to have, but I can't think of one, and since I hated lying to my brother, I decided to just tell the truth, but down play it a bit.

"He kissed me a couple times, and I told him it was a mistake" Okay, down play it a lot. What I wasn't going to say oh hey brother, were fighting because we had sex, once when I was trashed, and then once in the office after you left.

Just sex or not to him, I bet Chase doesn't want to die. And even though were not getting along right now, I still care a lot about him. We've known each other too long for me not to care.

"He did what" he stood up straighter and stared right at me.

"He kissed me."

"And what did you do?" he asked

"Kissed him back" I rolled my eyes

"What the hell, Lee!" he yelled and walked straight past me, and I knew where he was going. I hurried behind him because I didn't want Chase to say something different.

I really am glad I went with a lie, I don't even want to know what he would have done if I told him the truth.

He stopped suddenly and I ran into him. He looked right into my eyes when he asked "Is that where you got the hickey?"

Shit. See, most people would be like yeah, so what. And not be afraid of their brother beating up his best friend. But, Riley isn't known for thinking, and he's very protective.

In high school, he punched the first guy who kissed me because I wasn't his girlfriend. He yells at people who look at me in anything but a friendly manner, and I believe Chase got preventative punches through high school to stay away from me.

He's like an overbearing husband, big brother, twin brother, and father all in one and then doubled. The boy has issues. I love him, but he's just too much sometimes