Just One Yesterday

"No! Don't you die on me, you stupid vampire!" Laura knelt by her raven-haired ex-girlfriend's side, covering the wound left by an arrow in Carmilla's chest as if not seeing it would make it not real. "Don't you dare leave me alone." Her words sounded angry but she was falling apart inside.

Her eyes half closed, Carmilla looked up at her sunshine and pulled off a pained smile. "You'll be okay, cupcake. You have Danny."

Laura was on the verge of losing it, but she held back her tears for the vampire's sake. Instead, she just laughed quietly, shaking her head. "I don't want Danny. I want you."

"Do you remember what I told you before we came out here?" Carmilla asked, her hand resting on Laura's cheek while also wiping away the tears that finally fell with her thumb.

Laura nodded, numbly repeating her words. "You'd trade all your tomorrows for one yesterday. But-"

"Kiss me?" Carmilla had missed the feeling of Laura's lips on hers, her hands in her hair, her smile, her laugh, the way she looked at her- everything. She knew she was dying, she was losing all of her tomorrows. She hoped she could get just a little taste of yesterday before she was gone.

Laura pushed away any resentment she had for the vampire as she leaned forward and down a bit, capturing Carmilla's lips with her own. She ran her free hand through her raven locks and smiled sadly into the kiss as she felt Carm's weak attempt to return it. Eventually, she pulled away, looking at the dying vampire with love and hope sparkling in her hazel eyes. Carmilla smiled softly, her hand resting on top of Laura's. "Thank you," she mumbled, her eyes slowly closing.

"No!" Laura quickly kissed her again as if that would stop the inevitable. Unfortunately, fairy tale happy endings weren't something that the nineteen year old had much experience with, and tears once again filled her eyes as she soon discovered the vampire was no longer breathing.

But there was no Carmilla to wipe them away this time. There was no Carmilla to hold her and tell her that everything would be alright. There was no more Carmilla. And it was all the Dean's fault.

If heaven's grief brings hell's reign..