Annabeth gets Chased (Ha Ha- See the Joke?)

I only own Adele and stuff.

~~~

"Thanks for the ride, Mrs. Jackson." Thalia thanked Percy's mother.

"No problem, Thalia."

We kept laughing in the car rid ego our destination. Mrs. Jackosn was telling us funny stories of her son when he was a little toddler.

"And then he would pop the bubbles-"

"Mom!" Percy whined.

The three of us girls giggled. "Percy! Annabeth! Thalia!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"We're here."

We thanked Mrs. Jackson, and got out of her car. I took a deep breath, and caught sight of Grover in the entrance hall.

Grover Underwood is a satyr; good thing he's wearing his human feet he covers in converse.

"Come on!mthe dance is happening."

We entered the entrance hall, and then a big large man saw us.

"Aren't you suppose to be in the gym?"

"Yes sir, I'm very sorry. We just had to go to the loo, and-"

"There's one in the gym."

The man was buff, and he had big huge muscles like he worked out a lot in the old days. He had a patch on his left eye, almost as if he had damaged it and is disgusted by it; scars were upon his face.

In all, he looked sort of scary.

"There is? Must have forgotten, sir, sorry,I'm new here."

"No excuse, Miss-?"

"Miss Black, sir. I'm sorry, we shall go to the gymnasium now. Have a good night then, sir." I nodded towards him, grabbed the three others, and we headed towards the gym.

"How'd you do that?" Annabeth asked in wonder.

"Easy," I smugly smiled. "You learn to sweet talk when you were on the run since you were three. It's how I survived."

When we reached the gym, I asked Grover, "how powerful did they... Smell?"

"Like Thalia and Percy."

A slow song came on.

"Well, aren't you gonna ask me to dance, Seaweed brain?" They began to dance.

"Come here, Goatboy." Thalia smirked. Grover and her began to dance.... Sort of.

Out of us five, I was the odd one out because I was the only girl in here who didn't have a partner to dance with.

"Hey, uhm, do you wanna dance with me?"

I turnned around, and saw a boy who looked lik he was ten or eleven or so, looking nervous.

I smiled. "Sure. I'm Adele. Adele Black." I said as I took his hand and led him to the dance floor.

He put his hand on my waist, and held my hand. We began to do the waltz I think.

"I'm Nico. Nico Di Aneglo."

"Angel."

"Huh?"

"Your last name is Latin for angel."

"Oh. So how old are you?" He asked, curiously.

"I'm thirteen. You?"

"Erm... I'm ten. So your three years older then me?"

"Yep. I'm thirteen. I turn fourteen on December twenty-first."

"Oh." He said, looking at me.

Soon, the song was over.

~~~

"COME ON, COME ON, YOU TWO!" I screamed at Nico and his sister, Bianca.

They followed me, Thalia, Annabeth, Percy, and Grover.

"Come on! You two are demigods. You smell."

"That's nice to say."

"No! No! I mean, demigods have a certain stench of smell so monsters can follow you- so you can find you. Your scent is very strong- stronger then mine. Your probably a child of the big three.

Your probably children of Hades; since Percy is a son of Posideon and Thalia is a daughter of Zeus."

"What about you and Annabeth?" Biannca, the newest hunter of Artemis, asked me.

"Me and Annabeth are the daughters of Athena. We're half sisters, since we have diffrent dads."

"Oh."

It then all happened so fast- Annabeth was chased by that buff dude I sweet talked in the entrance hall tonight. As she jumped onto him, dagger in hand, she and him fell off the cliff.

But.....

As we glumly got to Camp Halfblood with the Hunters of Artemis, and the two new refuges of demigods by our sides, I thought:

"Well, Hermione will get mad when I say I wasn't careful..."

Also this though ran across my mind as well:

Annabeth isn't dead.

I knew that.

How? Easy.

Because I would feel it if my best friend was dead.