Christmas Break (Part Two)

Recap:

"Adele?"

~~~

"Oh! Hi, Ginny!" I stated, cheerfully as I sat next to her.

I put two ambrosia squares on my face, and opened a can of nectar (yea, we got some nectar on soda cans, suckers.).

I sipped some nectar; it tasted like my favorite drink, which is a cup of Shrieky Temple (or, a Kiddy Cocktail).

"Ohhh can I have some?" Asked Fred as he tried to take my ambrosia square from my plate.

"No." I scowled at him.

"Whatever is in this can?" He asked hopefully.

"No. Unless you want to, well, so to say, burn up..........." I said, oh so innocently.

"Why would he burn up?" George asked me, curious about why his twin would so to say, burn up.

"Because nectar and ambrosia are the food and drink of the gods. Demigods, like me, can have a maximum of three a squares a day, when they are hurt. So today, I'm only having two squares. Otherwise, we will, well, burn up."

"What about your nectmer?" Fred asked me.

"No, it's called nectar. And you can't have any because again, you'd burn up. Just one can when your injured for a demigod. Gods can have these all day, because they're immortal. But since demigods are only have immortal, we'd burn up if we have too many."

They looked at me.

"Simple, really." I shrugged.

I ate my squares and drank my can of nectar in peace, and listened to what the Weasley family was talking about.

I really felt like I was intruding the Weasley's time together. They're family time.

"Adele? Adele? Dele?" Somebody called.

"Oh- what?" I asked, unprepared for whatever they were going to say to me.

"So what exactly happened?" Fred asked me, curious about what happened etween me and Zoe.

I swear, I felt a tear threaten to fall out of my eye.

And the tear rolled down my cheek.

"I.... I.... I got hurt........ And... And..... Oh, tommorrows Decmeber twenty first!" I cried.

Nobody's seen me cry.

"And... And.. Tommorrow... I have to.... I have to tonight....... Get ready..... It could be.... Tommorrow....."

"What could be tommorrow?" Asked Mrs. Weasley, softly.

I took a deep breath before saying through the tears, "Tommorow could be the.... The end...,

"The end of what?" Asked George on a nervous yet caring tone.

"The end of... Of Olympus. The end of the world."

I let that sink in for a momment.

"They need me. Tommorow is the Winter Solsitce, and Thalia's sixteenth birthday...... It could be the end."

~~~

Chiron wouldn't let me go, the bastard.

But... I got an Iris Messags on Christmas Eve at the dinner table.

"Hello? Adele? Dele?" A familiar voice asked me, grabbing my attention.

I looked up, and saw Percy and Annabeth.

"Percy! Annabeth!"

"Adele! How are you?"

"Good. Uhm, listen, how's Zoe? I didn't mean what I said, I just... Got angry." I sheepishly said.

The two were silent.

"Zoe.. Her father, Atlas, killed her."

I felt tears run down my cheeks.

"I might of... We had a hate hate relationship but I didn't want her to die!"

"You know what her last words were?" Percy asked me.

I shook my head, and wiped away the tears that rolled down my face.

"She said:

'The stars are pretty... Listen, Annabeth.... Thalia... Grover... Percy...... Lady Artemis... Tell her... Tell Adele... Tell Adele that I am..... That I am sorry...... Sorry............ Adele... Adele Black.... I am..... Sorry....'

And then she... Died."

I gave a small sad smile.

"I'm sorry too, Zoe Nightshade. I'm sorry."

~~~

I'm sorry for the shortness of this chapter!

~ Madison